Laser Shop Manager
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Laser Shop Manager who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding team based Rotherham. They are offering the successful Laser Shop Manager a competitive salary of £35,000 - £40,000 per annum depending on experience.
Established for over 35 years, our client is now one of the North West’s leading & multi award winning Engineering companies.
This is the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic person to thrive, working within a successful and vibrant team.
Key Responsibilities as their Laser Shop Manager:
- To create plans which allow the teams to effectively produce customer’s orders ‘On time and In Full’ by strictly adhering to the production schedule
- Ensure the team fully understands the plan in terms of resource deployment, documentation and quality requirements, and then drive the team to meet the plan.
- To ensure cost and time targets or either achieved or exceeded in line with estimates
- Ensure Team Leaders monitor, support and direct operators to meet the shift objectives for time, cost and quality.
- Work with Team Leaders to ensure a robust shift handover system is followed
- Ensure any machine maintenance faults and problems are reported fixed and repaired in the most expedient manor and at the right cost through the use of onsite maintenance engineers and or subcontract laser technicians
- To eliminate variation by the implementation of standard processes, procedures and practices.
- Drive the team to ensure process controls are followed and adhered to at all times.
- To maintain a ‘No Fault Forward’ environment
- Provide clear communications and performance report to senior management
The workshops and all its facilities:
- Are kept tidy and free from clutter at all times
- Operators are fulfilling their duties correctly and effectively at all times.
- That racking systems are correctly utilised and boards are filled in.
- Parts are flowing to the next process with correct labelling procedures.
- That good communication exists between other department team leaders and that problems are addressed as a team.
Build and train a strong, reliable and passionate team committed to achieving the very best result possible for the department and the wider business.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become their Laser Shop Manager:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to work efficiently and build effective working relationships
- Excellent PC skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Methodical approach
Laser Shop Manager hours of work: Monday – Thursday 8am-5pm Friday 8am-4pm
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Computershare Voucher scheme
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their next Laser Shop Manager please click ‘Apply’ now!