Production Technician / Maintenance Engineer - Water Production
Job Title: Production Technician
Location: Manningtree, Essex
Salary: Competitive salary - Dependant on experience
Position: Full Time, Permanent
Working Pattern: 37 hours per week, plus 1 in 5 standby
The company is the UK's largest regulated water only supply business operating in three regions in the south east of England. They provide over 900 million litres of water each day, serving around 3.5 million customers and 1.4 million properties and businesses. They operate over 100 water treatment works and distribute their water through a network of mains 16,500 km long. It is the company's vision to be the leading community-focused water company in the UK.
The purpose of this role is to maintain and repair plant and equipment on their pumping stations and storage sites ensuring that it is carried out to company requirements and equipment down time is minimised. Also ensuring Water treatment standards meet DWI and company requirements at all times.
- Maintain and deliver clean wholesome drinking water to the communities the company serves.
- Ensure sufficient raw water supplies to the treatment works are maintained at all times.
- Ensure the efficiency and reliability of the company's plant.
- Ensure that all legal, regulatory and Health & Safety obligations are met.
- Participate in and promote the internal feedback process, to actively seek and offer feedback in order to promote continuous improvement.
- Knowledge and experience of water production and supply operations or similar continuous process industry.
- Applicants must have completed a relevant electrical/mechanical apprenticeship or hold equivalent relevant and recognised qualifications.
- Formal knowledge and experience in the water or another continuous process industry.
- Proficient user of basic office information systems e.g. Word, Excel.
- Proficient user of current operations IT systems e.g. Telemetry and control and maintenance management system (AMIS) or demonstrate capability to become a proficient user.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Electrical Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Mechanical Production Assembler, Production Operator, Production Operative, Packing, Packaging Operative, Packing Assistant, Manufacturing Operative, Process Operator, Manufacturing Engineer, Quality Coordinator, Production Operator, Production Technician, Process Technician, Production Engineer, Quality Operative, Mechanical Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Design Engineer, Project Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering, Mechanical Design Improvement Engineer, Design Improvement Engineer, Design Technician, Mechanical Technician will also be considered for this role.