Hay 8 (£23,935 - £26,556 per annum)
Our client is currently recruiting for an experienced and qualified Fitness Advisor to provide advice and support to Fire fighters and the Fitness Advisors based at all stations across the Service area.
The successful applicant will conduct fitness testing for 700+ employees, and provide guidance on the development and supervision of AF&RS fitness projects, policies and education to ensure good practice is maintained and shared across to Service.
As Fitness Advisor, your remit will include:
• Supervise and track the performance of the Station Fitness Advisor training programme
• Monitor and review data from fitness test results, compare changes in the health and fitness of staff with exercise programmes and advice.
• Recommend and facilitate the most appropriate method of measuring the fitness and capability of the fire fighters
• Deliver and develop the educational health and wellbeing programme with the overall aim of providing a holistic approach to lifestyle, welfare and fitness
• Ensure administration with regard to record keeping is appropriate, conduct routine inspections of returns from equipment checks, currency of qualifications, calibration of testing equipment and reports from other departments within the organisation that may have a bearing on the Station Fitness Advisors programme
• Attend national fitness working groups, seminars, meetings and events as required by the service
What you need:
The successful candidate will hold the required skills and experience to thrive within this role including;
• Fitness Advisor qualification (sports science degree, diploma, NVQ Level3/4 Fitness Trainer Award or equivalent)
• Relevant diet and nutrition qualification supported by proven experience of advising on weight loss
• Experience of devising / monitoring exercise and diet plans to improve cardiovascular fitness
• Significant experience gained within the fitness industry
• IT literate in order to complete relevant administrative and data tasks
• First Aid at work certificate is desirable
• Full driving licence with access to own vehicle
Working hours are flexible and will involve some Saturday and evening work
How to apply:
If you wish to be considered for this Fitness Advisor role click ‘apply’ where you will be directed to our client’s website to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.