Shop / Business Development Manager
Shop / Business Development Manager, Fine Jewellery Designer - Surrey
Our beautiful shop and workshop, just south of Guildford in rural Surrey, was established over 25 years ago by award-winning jewellery designer, Jon Dibben.
We are seeking an individual with high-end sales and shop management experience to step into a full-time, permanent role as a Shop / Business Development Manager, who will take up the reins of the business to guide it to the next level.
About Your Role
- Be a brand ambassador and represent the unique brand by having strong product knowledge
- Create memorable guest experiences for all visitors to the shop
- Build and implement an effective customer relationship program that drives loyalty, captures customer data, drives sales and supports the achievement of sales targets
- Take responsibility for the day to day running of the shop including the cash desk, the cash desk procedures and shop opening/closing security, as well as ensuring the highest possible standards of in-shop visual impact and housekeeping
- Deal effectively with all customer contact through phone, email or written correspondence
- Achieve or exceed sales targets, provide weekly sales reports and liaise with book-keeper
- Liaise effectively with production management and Guest Designers, ensuring effective stock management and punctual delivery of bespoke commissions.
- Drive the business forward by creating and managing in-shop events, helping to create marketing strategies and clientele programs to support new product launches, core product initiatives, and key selling periods, including developing relationships with the press
- Have experience and interest in luxury retail management and a strong track record in high value sales
- Be resourceful and able to implement and communicate ideas to drive the business forward
- Have strong organisation skills and excellent attention to detail
- Be dynamic with excellent interpersonal skills and good verbal and written communication skills
- Have knowledge of sales techniques and enhancement of products, with gemmological knowledge an advantage.
- Be strictly self-disciplined in managing deadlines
- Have proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Power Point, Client tracking systems and Point of Sales (POS) system
- Have a passion for personal customer service
- Be able to work on Saturdays (although some flexibility may be offered)
- A competitive salary will be offered depending on experience
- Formal training may be offered within the position to develop skill sets and knowledge
- Good holiday package
- Relaxed and friendly working environment
Tuesday to Saturday, 9.30 - 5.30, with the shop being open from 10am till 5pm
Full time, permanent.
Jon and his close-knit team create his original designs with great passion and attention to detail, resulting in beautiful and unique fine jewellery. Jon was one of twenty designers involved in the launch of Fairtrade gold, and our company prides itself on its commitment to responsible sourcing. Our shop also sells the work of up to 10 unique and independent jewellery designers alongside Jon’s own work.
If you can offer all the above and would like to discuss this exciting career opportunity, please apply with your CV and a covering letter by clicking apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Apply for Shop / Business Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly