HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT
APT & C Scale, Point 22 GBP18,133 per annum
35 hrs pw / 38 weeks pa
Required as soon as possible
Closing date: Monday 31 st October 2016 (12 noon)
Queensmead is an 'outstanding', oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school where students achieve highly and display 'exemplary behaviour' (Ofsted) and are interviewing now for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to start as soon as possible
The successful Higher Level Teaching Assistant candidate will:
- be educated to Degree level
- be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils
- Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children.
- have effective behaviour management
- be supportive and understanding with high expectations
- seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience
- communicate well with parents, carers and members of staff, as well as pupils
- have excellent communication skills
- work well as part of a team
As Higher Level Teaching Assistant you will be expected to:
- Support students aged 11-18 years of age.
- Plan and prepare lessons with teachers, participating in all stages of the planning cycle, including in lesson planning, evaluating and adjusting lessons/plans
- Develop and prepare resources for learning activities in accordance with lesson plans and in response to student need
- Provide verbal and written feedback on lesson content, student responses to learning activities and student behaviour, to teachers and students
- Motivate and progress students' learning by using clearly structured, interesting teaching and learning activities
- Be familiar with lesson plans, subject targets and learning objectives
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all students have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Promote and support the inclusion of students, including those with specific needs, both in learning activities and within the classroom
- Use behaviour management strategies, in line with the school's policy and procedures, to contribute to a purposeful learning environment and encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with each other
The hours of work will be from 8am - 3.30pm with breaks.
This is a fixed term position until 31st August 2017 and will be reviewed at the end of this period.
You will be joining a friendly, professional and collegiate organisation that is wholly committed to securing the best academic and personal development outcomes for young people.
Your Higher Level Teaching Assistant Benefits:
- A comprehensive induction programme will be provided
- Ongoing extensive CPD programme
- Free membership of the Fitness Zone at Queensmead Sports Centre
- Free access to Goals Soccer Centre
- Child Care Vouchers Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
Make sure that you don't miss out on this great Higher Level Teaching Assistant role by clicking apply now!