Print & Pre-Press Technical Manager - Staffordshire
International Packaging production company are seeking a Print & Pre-Press Technical Manager with a proven track record of managing technical projects in the packaging, print and reprographics industry.
This is both an internal and client facing role that is primarily focused on the technical considerations of a job or wider implications.
Internally the role will liaise with all departments to oversee and manage all technical aspects of a job, project, procedure or development. They will support the pre-production team and validate works orders before they enter production.
Externally the individual will represent the business relating to all technical facets of a job, project, procedure or development.
• To adhere to the company's "Standard Operating Procedures".
• To be flexible in line with the demands placed on the business to ensure delivery to clients in accordance with (SLA's).
• To provide technical support for client services and pre-production to facilitate an efficient order fulfilment process.
• To attend printers as and when required (Fingerprints, Press approvals, Pre production meetings).
• To attend pre-artwork meetings as and when required, balancing the needs of the business with those of the clients.
• To establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of service delivery & client satisfaction, applicable to technical services.
• To develop relationships where applicable to support and improve the order fulfilment process and strengthen the general business offer and position.
• To coordinate all print development work and shared client initiatives to influence positive change and manage expectations, this will be achieved through timely communication and documented process and procedures.
• To provide training and development to internal and where applicable external associates.
• To continue to develop and enhance your understanding of the market, technical developments/innovation/trends and the needs of our target client base.
• To attend applicable tradeshows, seminars, clients, suppliers and group sites to contribute toward positive business performance. (At the request of your line manager)
• To support the business in other areas as may be required from time to time.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
A highly experienced professional, you will have experience, knowledge and a proven track record of managing technical projects relating to the graphics implementation industry.
• You are required to demonstrate natural leadership qualities.
• Complete understanding of all print processes and limitations.
• Must be capable of interfacing with all levels, including subordinates, peers, management (inc. group), clients and suppliers in a professional manner.
• Needs to have strong decision-making ability, with the ability to manage multiple projects, establishing priorities, understanding & overcoming issues.
• Needs to work well under pressure and operate with minimal supervision, think creatively; must be solution oriented and flexible while always taking into consideration what is in the best interest of the business.
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organisational, communication and written skills.
Technical Manager (Print & Pre-Press)