Print/Pre-Press Quality Control Executive - Tamworth, Staffordshire
- Full Time
International Packaging design and production company are seeking a Print/Pre-Press Quality Control Executive to support the production studio based in Tamworth, Staffordshire.
This is a technical Quality Control position that would be ideal for anyone with a printing industry background - pre-press department, reprographics or printing experience. You'll be checking a large selection of layouts across a range of containers, boxes and cartons, blister packs and labels so the ability to work accurately at speed will be essential.
Responsible to ensure all deliverables will print according to the brief supplied and brand consistencies are adhered to.
• Check the digital artwork / proofs being produced will print and are completed to the brief supplied.
• To feedback errors to production team in a timely manner.
• To use internal MIS system in accordance with standardised work procedures to ensure an accurate permanent asset database is maintained.
• To understand the importance of using systems and to monitor and record QC errors on all jobs.
• To adhere to all internal processes in place for art working and repro
• To adhere to all reporting processes set up within the department
• Provide input into development of QC process based on client needs.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
• Experience working on a printing press, litho, flexo or gravure
• Experience producing printing plates
• Demonstrate ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting.
• Keen eye for detail.
• Demonstrate ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
• Proven experience of a pre-press department or printing experience
• Understand technical aspects of reprographics and be able to quality check trapping and separations.
• Good knowledge of the graphic Mac applications, illustrator, Acrobat are preferable.
Print/Pre-Press Quality Control Executive