European HR Advisor
European HR Advisor - Paddington
Our Human Resources Management team work to make sure that everyone at Visa Europe is engaged, supported and productive. Their role is to provide consistent, relevant support, assisting every team, department and division in delivering Visa Europe's objectives.
An excellent opportunity has become available in our HR division for a European People Support Advisor. The people support team operates as Visa Europe's first point of contact for employee and line manager queries providing advice and guidance on the full range of Visa Europe's policies and procedures. The successful HR advisor will be based in Paddington but will be supporting the business throughout Europe.
As a HR Advisor you will be responsible for:
- Managing escalations of complex queries from the HR Assistance
- Providing professional advice and guidance to employees and line managers on the interpretation and application of HR policies and procedures including absence management, performance management, redundancy, flexible working requests and more.
- The management and resolution of informal and formal cases including grievances and disciplinaries. Supports senior team members in the management and resolution of complex cases.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to provide accurate reports of cases
- Competent user of Excel
- Hold or is studying towards relevant HR professional qualifications (ie CIPD)
- Experience of working with European teams as a HR Advisor or similar
- Generalist HR experience
- Strong communication skills
It is also desirable but not essential to have:
- Fluent in another language (not mandatory)
Think you know Visa Europe? Visa may be the world's leading payment brand, but there is a lot more to us than meets the eye. We are a not-for-profit membership association and are entirely independent of Visa Inc and as such, are responsible for shaping and delivering highly innovative and secure products and services to our members. Whilst we don't lend any money, we do provide the infrastructure, technology, security and branding to allow payments to happen quickly and safely globally.
Visa Europe is responsible for 38 markets across Europe, each providing unique opportunities and challenges. This is an exciting time to join us at Visa Europe - the industry is rapidly evolving and is characterised by a high degree of innovation in new payment methods emerging primarily as a result of the increase in E-commerce and mobile usage. As the market leader in Europe with one of the most recognised and trusted brands in the world, Visa Europe provides an unparalleled environment for you to utilise your current skills and experience whilst learning and developing new ones as we continue to be a pioneer in the fintech industry in Europe.
Visa Inc. (NYSE:V) is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions, and governments in more than 200 countries and territories to fast, secure and reliable electronic payments. We operate one of the world's most advanced processing networks - VisaNet - that is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second, with fraud protection for consumers and assured payment for merchants. Visa is not a bank and does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations, however, enable its financial institution customers to offer consumers more choices: pay now with debit, pay ahead with prepaid or pay later with credit products.