- This is an exciting opportunity for a HR Assistant to work within a small busy HR team. This role will offer you fantastic exposure to a wide range of HR issues and opportunities, working in a dynamic, fast pace environment.
- The main purpose of the role will be to provide an effective and efficient HR administration and support to the HR team. You will be enthusiastic, driven and willing to get involved. Sharing ideas is at the heart of what we do and we encourage all team members to drive continuous improvement.
- This is a varied role, so your flexibility, prioritisation and professional approach will be a key requirement.
Main Duties of Job:
- You will be the first point of contact for our managers and employees who are seeking HR Advice via email, telephone and face to face. You'll need to be able to listen and understand their queries in order to question and investigate to give the best advice possible.
- General HR administration duties and processing activities covering the entire employee life cycle (starters, leavers, changes to terms and conditions, probation reviews, monitoring absence, maternity) to a high standard ensuring that service level agreements are met and constantly exceeded.
- Calculating sickness pay and processing through payroll.
- Process Company benefits schemes, including BUPA, BHSF, Pensions, Life Assurance and Child Care.
- Maintaining the data in our HR systems to ensure it reflects the current status of employees.
- Produce employee correspondence as required, ensuring timely communication of any effects on pay.
- To participate and assist in policy and process development, ensuring full compliance with employment law.
- To drive continuous improvement - constantly looking for opportunities and better ways of doing things.
- To support and assist the HR Manager/HR Officer with Employee Relations issues such as investigations, disciplinaries and grievances.
- Production of regular reports that will assist the business in making operational decisions as well as driving performance improvements.
- Working collaboratively with internal departments, including payroll, fleet, IT etc.
- To undertake any HR project work as required
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- A clear desire to build a career in HR
- A minimum of two years operational HR administration experience, supporting managers in all aspects of HR
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a customer mindset
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- A high level of flexibility and a positive attitude to innovation and change
- Taking ownership of queries to ensure they are managed through to resolution
- Comfortable to challenge processes or practices to enable a better colleague experience
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Full or part CIPD Qualified desirable but not essential