Financial Control Manager
Networkers are currently looking for a Financial Controller Manager for an NHS Commissioning Support Unit located in London until the end of March 2017.
Ensure that accounting records are maintained to high standards to enable the requirements of governance, internal and external audit requirements and completion of monthly reconciliations.
* Responsible for coordinating and collating evidence as part of the CSUs, Service Auditor Reporting (SAR) audit, and providing support to the CSU central team during this and other audits as required.
* Responsible for completion of monthly reconciliations with accuracy and to timeframe and resolving any un-cleared balances.
* Responsible for the coordination of the production of clients monitoring returns and final accounts production.
* Assist the client in providing input into the Operating Plans and other initiatives in respect of accounting treatments, and cash implications.
* Assist with the Planning and Commissioning Accountants in the production of all Short, Medium and Long Term planning Documents.
* Develop financial accounting policies, procedures and practices, working with colleagues within the function to establish a consistent and effective approach.
* Provide advice on VAT and tax. Ensure accounting for VAT transactions is carried out correctly and that claims are made in an accurate and timely manner
* Advise staff and on changes to accounting policy and requirements together with the impact these may have upon the organisation.
* Responsible for forecasting and monitoring the CCG's cash requirements and cash limit.
Responsible for coordination of the agreement of balances process on a quarterly and annual basis.
* Able to effectively lead and manage a team within a Matrix structure, where there are multiple points of accountability. The CSU will be a fluid and evolving environment and it is expected the CSU Service V3 DN managers are able to cope with ambiguity, work collaboratively in cross functional teams and manage multi interfaces.
* The post holder is accountable as a senior manager for implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in the work of their teams, and for ensuring their staff are trained in using SOPs.
In addition, they are expected to champion the use of SOPs, include training in all induction programmes for new staff and development plans for existing staff, and contribute to the creation and maintenance of SOPs as required as part of the corporate SOP development process.
"All staff are encouraged to help the organisation become more efficient and reliable through continued improvement of SOPs through the agreed corporate processes. Ideas for improvement and development of SOPs are positively encouraged from all members of staff."
Additional person specification requirements (role specific) Factors Description Essential Desirable Assessment* Education/Qualifications CCAB or CIMA accreditation or equivalent level of experience Educated to masters level or equivalent level of experience.
Experience of supervising/managing staff Experience of using computerised financial systems.
Experience of treasury management - maintaining positive cash flow position and ensuring good banking relationships.
Experience of producing Statutory Accounts Experience of final accounts production within NHS
Advanced knowledge of Agresso/Oracle/end user systems and other related Financial/Ledger Systems across a range of responsibilities