Desktop Support Analyst
Portal is seeking a Desktop Support Analyst who will join our managed services team based at our HQ office in Bracknell, Berks.
Founded in 2006, Portal is an award-winning technical service and analytics business that supports some of the world's best known brands; we put ourselves at the centre of your organisation working alongside you as a trusted partner - providing you with the right solution and support to make your business work better. Whilst we are an IBM Premier Business Partner, we represent a diverse vendor list - using technology to help organisations to transform their business for growth, productivity and profitability.
We take pride in ensuring our solutions and managed services are tailored to every customer's individual needs. We believe in offering honest, independent advice and always being available to provide support and guidance; we believe that every project is a partnership and commit to it with the highest levels of dedication and enthusiasm, ready and available when you need us. .
Desktop Support Analyst
Competitive salary and benefits package
We have created an opportunity for an IT candidate with a passion for ICT and customer service - this is your chance to apply your initial two years relevant IT workplace experience and academic qualifications in an environment where you can embrace multiple technologies and environments. Our ethos of supporting the local community is key to engaging with candidates within the vicinity.
Looking for a future with real opportunity?
We can offer you that commercial experience combined with on-going, relevant training and certifications - we are taking customer service to another level - be part of that journey and start a career that offers progression and prospects.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Processing internal tickets, escalating to the relevant teams, resolving issues around desktop and printing issues; toner replacement and ordering appropriate supplies; liaising with Finance for PO and gaining the appropriate approval.
- Developing skills around Microsoft windows Client Server technologies, gaining exposure to Networking and Scripting.
- Monitoring internal ticket queues and being responsible for maintaining the calls and ensuring timely closure times.
- Implementing changes highlighted by support to desktops and printers as required.
- Resolving Service Requests and Incidents logged by internal customers.
- Communicating on a daily basis with internal customers and moving forward to supporting external customers via our call logging system.
- Being responsible for the accurate tracking of internal equipment via our asset management database.
- Supporting customers in both Domino and Windows environments.
- Providing customer site cover for managed service customers
- Participation in week-day core hours of cover between 0830 -1800
You will become a valued and resourceful member of the Support Team, adopting a pro-active approach to the role and be an initial point of contact for internal queries.
If you can demonstrate excellent customer service skills, gained by at least one year's experience in an IT role, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We expect that you will have a keen awareness and interest in emerging technologies. You will need to be a team player, as this is integral to the role. We will expect that you will be a car owner/driver so that you can independently attend customer site.
A/GCSE/BTEC level - Grade B or above in minimum of 6 disciplines including ICT, English, Maths, together with Microsoft or IBM certifications.
What can we offer you?
- 25 days holiday per annum - pro rata based upon commencement date, accrues at 2.08 days per completed month of service
- Life insurance at 4x annual base salary
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Auto-enrolment Pension scheme (Scottish Widows)
- Private medical insurance
- Car parking
- Tea, coffee and cold drinks available in our Log Out - the Portal chill-out area
If you are interested in becoming part of a company destined for great things and are motivated by a fast-paced environment, we'd like you to join us.