Warehouse General Manager
Warehouse General Manager
Salary: Competitive (depending upon experience)
Due to the opening of a new warehouse we are seeking candidates for a Warehouse General Manager based in the Corby area. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the management of the site in order to deliver the expected levels of profitability and service. Work with the site management team to create an environment that is safe and meets all expected legislative standards and offers all employees an opportunity to contribute and develop.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the Warehouse Supervising team in meeting their commitments.
- Manage the business in conjunction with the Directors and Senior Management team to deliver the business objectives and contribute towards its future development.
- To develop ways of maximising on the profit potential within the business at the same time as rewarding staff and managers that contribute towards this success.
- Management and control of all divisions within the business including: Chilled Warehouse, Contract Packing, Transport, Physical stock management
- Ensure a pro-active approach is taken to all customer relationships and that service levels meet or exceed their expectations.
- Ensure the business is managed to meet the requirements of all relevant employment, H&S and environmental legislation and standards.
- Ensure the sites present a professional image at all times with regards to signage, housekeeping and general building management.
- The risk to the business of litigation, prosecution or poor public perception is to be managed to the lowest level.
- Through the management teams ensure continual improvement in the levels of service, reactivity, quality and safety that the company offers to all of its stakeholders.
- Be proactive in identifying new methods, equipment or systems that would deliver efficiency or service improvements to the business.
- To assist in the management of the growth of the business at a rate that does not compromise its financial and operational stability.
What will you need in becoming the successful Warehouse General Manager?
- Strong experience of general management, ideally in a multi temperature supply chain and warehousing food environment.
- Experience of working with major retail customers.
- Knowledge of current warehousing technologies, their benefits & implementation challenges, to include warehouse optimisation techniques.
- Experience of being an active member & contributor of the Senior Management Team and attending Board meetings.
- Excellent supply chain knowledge and proven project management skills.
- A proven track record in analysing internal processes and systems and implementing new ways of working through the involvement of people.
- Champion the Operational Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) by directing the efforts of the team.
- Ability to forge strong relationships internally, with customers & suppliers.
- A strong robust leader and people manager.
- A highly skilled motivator, encouraging employees to reach their potential through coaching and feedback.
What’s on Offer: The successful candidate will receive a competitive basic salary, pension, holiday allowance and additional benefits
If you feel that you may be suitable for this Warehouse General Manager role, then please apply now!