An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Experienced Claims Handler to join Alliance Surgical plc based in Birmingham.
Alliance Surgical plc is based in Birmingham city centre and with a membership of approximately 1500 Senior NHS Consultants, is the largest independent group of its kind in the UK. They are a fast paced, dynamic organisation, ranked amongst the fastest growing companies in Britain in 2009, and again in 2010. Alliance Surgical delivers specialist care to private and NHS patients throughout the UK and is an influential force in UK Healthcare.
As an Experienced Claims Handler your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Receiving calls from patients who want to set up a claim against their insurance policy.
- Assessing received claims against set policy criteria to confirm eligibility.
- Booking patient appointments with our group of specialists where cover is approved.
- Liaising with consultants, hospitals and other providers to ensure we offer the most cost effective treatment plan.
- Managing a case load to ensure that we are involved in the authorisation of all planned patient treatment.
To ensure you are successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following experience and technical knowledge during the interview process:
- Previous commercial claims handling experience (essential)
- Extensive Customer Service experience (essential)
- Strong / adaptable communication skills (essential)
- Experience within an insurer / broker environment (essential)
- Caseload management (essential)
- Experience of hitting KPI’s within an inbound / outbound call centre environment (essential)
- Cert CII qualified or above (desirable)
- Experience with CRM software (desirable)
An ideal Experienced Claims Handler will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Confident telephone manner and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy skills
- The ability to regularly update and maintain a high volume of work
- Proven ability to deliver high levels of productivity, whilst working to tight deadlines
- The ability to apply initiative, whilst working as part of a team to solve problems and exceed expectations
- Flexible approach to working hours in order to meet business needs and requirements
Career progression and other benefits are available to high achievers looking for a long term career with the Company.
The starting salary for this role is £21,000 per annum and includes a 6 month probationary period.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
recruitx ref: 52921601 / INDLP
Apply for Claims Handler
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly