Hourly Paid Examination Invigilator
To take full responsibility and/or work as part of a team under the direction of the examinations officer to ensure that all examinations are conducted in compliance with College and Awarding Body regulations, whether they are taken online or paper-based.
The purpose of this role is to work within the team to ensure the fair and proper conduct of examinations for all candidates, including vigilance to prevent any fraudulent activities and ensuring strict confidentiality at all times.
- Assisting to set up and prepare examination rooms, by laying out stationery, equipment and papers, or logging into computers, in accordance with strict procedures.
- Ensuring the security of examination information before, during and after the examination.
- Checking photographic identification, to establish the identity of all candidates sitting examinations.
- Closely following and enforcing examination procedures and regulations. To include; reading out instructions before the examination commences, ensuring candidates are sitting the correct examination, do not have access to any unauthorised items within the room, and do not communicate with or disturb other candidates in the room.
- Supervising candidates for the duration of the examination, ensuring that any candidate needing to leave the room temporarily is accompanied by a member of staff at all times.
- Ensure accurate timekeeping and checking of attendance during examinations by completing registers and room plans accurately.
- Looking out for students needing assistance or behaving suspiciously, taking steps to prevent any behaviour that might cause disturbance to other candidates.
- Collecting and collating scripts at the end of the examination, ensuring that candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the room. In the case of on line tests printing off result slips and ensure they are returned to the examinations office.
- To provide support for candidates during examinations where permitted, possibly acting as a reader and/or writer.
- To support the Examinations office with the day-to-day running of examinations.
- To participate in training sessions in order to upgrade specific knowledge as detailed by the Awarding Bodies.
- To work to promote and apply the College's Equality & Diversity, Safeguarding and Child Protection policy and practices.
- To ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act.
- To ensure compliance Colchester Institute's Health and Safety Policy.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Colchester Institute.
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.