Child Care Worker (Residential)
Child Care Worker and Team Leader Positions Available (Residential)
Salary: £20,736 - £21,936 inclusive of 10 sleeps per month plus over time available
About the Company:
Exceptional care is a children’s home provider based in the Northwest of England. We work with children aged 8 to up to 17 years with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
We believe that children spending time at their company should find it an enjoyable experience, where children can form positive attachments, giving them a sense of inner security, worth and adding to their emotional and physical wellbeing. The aim of their team is to understand and meet the needs of the individual children in their care.
Due to the ongoing growth we are currently recruiting for Child Care Worker (Residential) to join their expanding team.
About the Role:
To work as a member of the team in the provision of care and support services for people with behaviours that may challenge; which aims to maximise the potential of individuals in line with ordinary life principles.
Support and participate in young people’s social, life-long learning plans and recreational activities in line with care plans, trips out and holidays. Act as a Key worker to specified individual young person, taking on responsibility for specified areas of care and support. This includes ensuring all medical needs are met and supporting the young person to advocate his/her own needs and wishes. Encourage young people to maintain acceptable levels of personal and environmental hygiene.
The Successful Child Care Worker and Team Leader (Residential) will have the following:
- Must hold a level 3 diploma in children and young people or the equivalent and must have experience working with children in a residential setting with emotional behavioural difficulties or similar settings.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a team.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relating to people with emotional & challenging behaviours & learning difficulties.
- A commitment to a service which provides support to vulnerable individuals, and which is respectful and according to the individuals’ wishes.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to communicate effectively with young people, colleagues, family members, Managers and other persons with a legitimate interest in the project.
- Commitment to training and development. Honesty, reliability and trustworthiness.
- Commitment to Equality & Diversity as part of your role. Desired: Car driver, willing to use own car as required and ability to homes vehicle/drive minibus where applicable.
- A pension scheme
- Excellent training opportunities leading to promotional opportunities within the company
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet all the criteria for the Child Care Worker and Team Leader (Residential) then please apply now!
Apply for Child Care Worker (Residential)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly