Children & Young Adults Complex Care in Shepton Mallet
Applicants will need to hold a certificate in Positive Intervention Training
We are currently recruiting Support Workers in the Shepton Mallet area to work with young adults and children with learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviours. We have a range of full and part time shifts available, including days, nights and weekends.
Due to our clients requiring full time support, it is essential that you are willing to work at least every other weekend to help support this package of care.
As a Support Worker for Learning Disabilities, you will provide essential care and support to Young Adults and Children, who live with a range of complex learning disabilities and/or behavioural challenges. It is essential that you have worked in similar environments previously and are able to work well under pressure.
We are seeking Support Workers who have experience in any of the following:
- Learning Disabilities
- Challenging behaviours
- Acquired Brain Injuries
- Home care
Within your role you will be responsible for assisting with key health and personal support functions to assist the clients with day to day living. Our person centred service is designed to support all areas of the person centred care plan. Therefore you may also be helping our clients to interact with their families and also the local community, whilst enabling them to maximise their independence and live fulfilling lives.
You will have access to comprehensive training and 24 hour support, and in order to ensure that you always have enough work you will be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours.
Due to the nature of this role, access to your own transport is essential.
Benefits of joining Newcross in this role:
- Excellent salary, paid weekly plus night, weekend and bank holiday enhancements
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Agreed mileage and travel expenses for most clients
- Free uniform upon joining
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned as you work
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download time sheets and receive payslips
- One-to-one relationship with a dedicated service manager
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
To apply for this role, you must have:
- The ability to prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a complex care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
Please click the 'Apply Now' link to begin your application, or call 0800 252 881 to speak to one of our dedicated HR team today.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing contained within this job advertisement is intended to discriminate in any way against anyone.