Homecare Support Worker – Adult Carer – Full Training Provided (AWDO-P2839)
Trainee or Experienced Homecare Support Worker / Adult Carer that is compassionate, responsible and committed to make a real difference in an elderly / vulnerable adult’s life required by a successful Company based in Bedford, Bedfordshire, East England.
SALARY: up to £9 per Hour (This is the weekend rate) (Start to Finish of Shift Paid)
BENEFITS: Full basic Training up to and including NVQs, Enhanced DBS check paid for by the Company, Mileage Allowance Paid, plus Career Progression Opportunities
GUARANTEED WORKING HOURS: Full-Time and Part-Time Flexible Hours Available from 4 to 40 Hours per Week, covering weekdays and weekends (depending on your preference and availability)
** No Experience Required as Full Training Provided **
** Full-Time and Part-Time Jobs Available **
** Flexible Shifts **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Trainee or Experienced Homecare Support Worker / Adult Carer that is compassionate, responsible and committed to make a real difference in a vulnerable adult’s life.
Experienced or Trainee candidates with no experience considered as the Company will provide full training and support, which includes up to NVQ qualifications. However, you must have a ‘can do’ positive attitude with a desire to make a real difference in the people’s lives that need your help.
Working as the Homecare Support Worker / Adult Carer you will provide high quality care and support for elderly and vulnerable adults in their own homes.
As a successful candidate you will work with a close knit team of professionals and will receive ongoing training and career progression opportunities.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Homecare Support Worker / Adult Carer:
- Help people with getting up in the morning, washing/bathing and dressing; helping with undressing and getting to bed in the evening
- Make meals, drinks and snacks as and when required
- Provide assistance with toileting and with changing clothes and/or bedding when necessary; to empty and cleanse commodes and wash and iron clothes and bed linen, when required
- Provide assistance with other activities of daily living that the individual requires help with, which may include cleaning, shopping, collecting pension and paying bills
- Encourage individuals towards a degree of independence and activity appropriate to their abilities. Within an agreed care plan and in consultation with the Manager, contribute to the supervision of people who have a tendency to wander, neglect themselves or put themselves at risk
- In consultation with the Manager, administer medication, if necessary
- Work with a client’s partner or carer to maintain the client in the home
- Provide general support for the client and their families as part of a caring team
- Encourage and help motivate clients to achieve and maintain maximum quality of life and independence, as outlined in care plans agreed by the client, the Managing Care Organiser and other professional services
- Sit with clients who are frail, disabled or terminally ill
- Recognise if a client’s condition is deteriorating and to report this to the client’s General Practitioner and to the Office
- Respect privacy, individuality and dignity at all times
- Maintain client confidentiality, at all times
- Communicate with the Office concerning changes which occur and update on changing client needs
- Deal with emergencies according to guidelines and policies and report incidences to the Manager
- Observe the client’s rights to choose, to take reasonable risks, to make decisions and to complain
- Be flexible in approach to client/customer needs
- Listen sympathetically to worries and problems
- Work unsupervised and on own initiative, knowing when to seek support and advice from the Manager or Office
- Maintain client records as provided by the organisation and to make accurate returns
- Have an appropriate knowledge of the correct use of aids and equipment used by or with people in their normal daily activities and to report defects
- Observe Health and Safety regulations so as to ensure a safe environment
- Observe safe lifting and handling techniques, complying with Manual Handling legislation
- Attend all training and supervision sessions as required
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and codes of practice of the Company
- Provide support for the Directors and Managers, including assisting with the promotion of the organisation, canvassing, undertaking clerical / routine office duties and other tasks required in regard to developing and progressing the organisation
- Maintain a vehicle fit for purpose and road legal at all times whilst on duty
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Homecare Support Worker / Adult Carer requirements:
- Experienced or Trainee candidate applications welcome
- Must be compassionate, responsible and committed
- Ideally you will be a driver with access to a vehicle. However, non-drivers will be considered, providing you are able to attend your appointments on time by other means
- Willing to learn
- Full-Time and Part-Time candidates considered – flexible shifts / working times available
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Full-Time and Part-Time Jobs, Careers and Vacancies Available in Bedford, Bedfordshire, East England
AWD online operates as an employment agency
Apply for Homecare Support Worker – Adult Carer – Full Training Provided (AWDO-P2839)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly