LGV Driver / Operator
Are you an experienced Driver looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continuing business success and growth we now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Production Controller to join our Waste Collection team in Corby, Northamptonshire. Working Monday to Friday (with occasional Saturdays), 45 Hours per week.
LGV Driver / Operator key responsibilities:
- Receiving routing instructions from the Traffic Office, carrying out collections efficiently, in accordance with the law and the best interests of our customers.
- Use the correct equipment for the job and see that it is maintained correctly.
- Ensure the legal requirements are complied with by following the work instructions provided and EMS procedures as indicated by line management.
- Prepare Tachograph Disc as required by law and ensure that hours and working arrangements are within legal limits.
- Take all necessary precautions for the safety of people, vehicles and plant as per Health and Safety legislation.
- Carry out Driver’s maintenance correctly, at the correct intervals, and report all vehicle equipment/container faults immediately by the approved system.
The ideal LGV Driver / Operator:
- Full Driving Licence
- Hold a full UK Class C licence (ideally Class C + E)
- To hold a Driver CPC
- Experience of Road Transport Operations
In return for your hard work, you can expect to receive a salary of £21,868 per annum with a range of benefits
If you are looking for your next challenge as a LGV Driver / Operatorthen we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date: 7th November 2016
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.