Lecturer in Psychology & Criminology
Chichester College have an opportunity for Lecturer in Psychology & Criminology to join the team at our Chichester Campus. The successful Lecturer in Psychology & Criminology will join us on full time, permanent basis working 37 hours per week and will receive a salary of £20,671 - £36,287 per annum
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
The Colleges mission is “Changing lives through learning”
As our Lecturer in Psychology & Criminology you will deliver Level 3 Psychology and Criminology as well as A level, Access and BTEC Programmes.
Responsibilities of the Lecturer in Psychology & Criminology:
- Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed.
- Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters.
- Take an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates, meeting or surpassing the relevant targets for each.
- Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity.
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding.
- Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes and policies relating to the educational sector.
- Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment.
Skills & Experience required by the Lecturer in Psychology & Criminology:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Criminology or Psychology
- A Certificate in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- Relevant Psychology/Criminology teaching experience
- Have a passion for teaching as well as an innovative and creative approach in the classroom, with a focus on student learning
- Be able to deliver engaging and inspiring teaching, learning and assessment using up to date resources
- Have an ability to adapt teaching styles for the varied cohorts on our Level 3 programmes
- Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers’ final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman’s Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College’s Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 10 November 2016
Interview date: 24 November 2016
An immediate start is available for this post.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the Lecturer in Psychology & Criminology role, please click ‘Apply’ today.
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
We are an equal opportunities employer.