Technician / Deputy Service Delivery Leader
Arriva TrainCare require an experienced Technician / Deputy Service Delivery Leader to join the team based in Crewe, this is a full-time permanent position, working an average of 40.5 hrs per week on a 4 on, 4 off shift roster, 06.00 – 18.00 hrs.
Arriva is part of the Deutsche Bahn group, one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing over 55,900 people and delivering more than 1.5 billion passenger journeys across 15 European countries every year.
Arriva TrainCare provides Light and Heavy Train Maintenance services to the railway industry from its five strategically located maintenance depots.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Leader, the Technician / Deputy Service Delivery Leader will efficiently carry out maintenance of rail vehicles to laid down standards and procedures and play an active part in continuously improving product quality. They will also deputise for the Service Delivery Leader as required.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience, preferably within a similar role within the rail industry and have good mechanical and electrical knowledge.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working as part of a small team and who can also work individually and with initiative. Given the size of the team, there is a need for a pragmatic, hands-on approach to workload.
Technician / Deputy Service Delivery Leader Key Duties:
- Carry out work as allocated by the Service Delivery Leader within set timescales and to the recognised standards
- Ensure that safety procedures and documents are adhered to in accordance with VMI & local instruction
- Ensure that work sheets are signed off promptly and correctly on completion of work
- Ensure work is performed in a safe and effective manner in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, GE/RT Network Rail Rule book, Group Standards, Depot Operations Instructions and the Arriva Traincare Quality, Safety and Environmental procedures and appropriate Vehicle Maintenance Instructions
- Ensure that the appropriate Quality and Environmental procedures and work instructions are adhered to
- Attend technical, quality, safety and general briefings ensuring that the necessary action is taken on items raised
- Undertake Safety Critical Work Regulations assessments under the guidance of the Service Delivery Leader, taking remedial action where necessary
- Carry out any duties within level of competence, as requested by the Service Delivery Leader
- Maintain good housekeeping and standard of cleanliness
- Use of all PPE in accordance with standards and local instructions
- Assist as directed by Service Delivery Leader to ensure rolling stock availability / reliability targets are met
Deputise for the Service Delivery Leader as required, including:
- Implementation and maintenance of safety systems, production efficiency and quality output at Depot site
- Ensuring the safe movement of vehicles whilst complying with the Safe Method of Work procedure
- Ensuring that team members are up to date with business communications
- Ensuring the wellbeing of all relevant personnel
- Implementation of customer requirements
- Responsible for the effective recording of activity in accordance with Company, Customer and best practice standards.
The ideal Technician / Deputy Service Delivery Leader will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Previous experience, involvement and understanding of rail vehicle maintenance activities
- Understanding of Depot Operations
- Able to interpret engineering drawings
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering
- Understanding of applicable health, safety and environmental standards and requirements
- Understanding of production efficiency techniques
As well as the following key skills and behaviours:
- Good educational standard, BTEC or C&G qualification in Engineering
- Able to problem solve, in a wide variety of project delivery situations, against planned delivery dates that must be met
- Successful and concise communication both to team members and the Service Delivery Leader
If you think you have what it takes to become our new Technician / Deputy Service Delivery Leader then please click ‘Apply’ today and don’t miss out!
We do our very best to respond to all applications that we receive, however, if you have not received a response from Arriva Train Care after 8 weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Arriva is committed to diversity, if you’re good you’re welcome.
Data Protection Act 1998
The Company needs to collect and use certain types of information about employees, in order to operate its business and to fulfil its legal obligations under the Data Protection Act.
The Company will undertake all reasonable precautions at all times to ensure that the details recorded are correct and will guard information against any unauthorised access and use.
Apply for Technician / Deputy Service Delivery Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly