Commercial Manager - Supply Chain
A Commercial Manager with contractual, client facing experience in the defence/aerospace sector is required to work a permanent basis for our defence client based in Bristol.
This is a permanent opportunity working with our leading UK defence client.
Overview of the Commercial Manager role
The main focus of the role is to create and negotiate commercial agreements, from teaming agreements, heads of agreement and change proposals. You will be required to lead negotiations in relation to significant tenders, prepare and provide commercial schedules and contractual terms as well as inputting business strategies for new and emerging opportunities.
Key skills required for the Commercial Manager
- Previous Commercial Management experience in the Aerospace/Defence/Engineering markets highly desired
- Comfortable leading negotiations relating to large or significant tenders
- A good understanding of contract law, contract management and contractual structures
- Business/law graduate or equivalent degree level or equivalent/relevant work experience
- Comprehensive understanding of MOD and Government acquisition policy and standard MOD DEFCONS/DEFFORMS.
- Diligence, abiding by government processes and legislations
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively, multitask and good organisational and time management skills are essential.
- Shrewd personable communication and negotiation skills are essential
- Strong commercial understanding throughout all stages of life cycle management
Although predominantly office based, the role may require travel to different sites within the company.
The role is based in Bristol - commutable from Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Worcester, Cirencester, Swindon, Devizes, Trowbridge, Bath, Taunton, Bridgwater, Weston-Super-Mare, Newport and Cardiff
If you are Commercial Manager looking for a new role either apply online please contact Phil Browne at (see below) or phone.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement/Purchasing/Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).