A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Finance Assistant to join our busy Finance team at Outsource UK, one of the UK's largest and independently owned recruitment consultancies. The role will be based in our Swindon head office, which is situated within a prestigious Grade Two listed building located near the National Trust and the outlet village.
Purpose of the role
To work as part of the transactional team to process timesheets and expense claims for payment to our contractor base in a timely and accurate manner. To raise client invoices and ensure payments are received to agreed terms.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant role encompasses a number of key areas:
- Verifying, accepting and logging timesheets, overtime and expense claims onto time sheet management system.
- Accessing customer portals to download timesheet information.
- Updating payment schedules and running the payment process for contractors.
- Updating the timesheet management system with new placement data.
- Sales invoicing and credit control.
- Monthly reporting of client MI.
- Query Resolution.
The Ideal Person
- Ideally AAT qualified or working towards this qualification.
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent in C grades or above.
- Proficient in PAYE payroll and RTI submissions
- Excellent communications skills.
- A high standard of proficiency in Excel
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to learn and adapt to new systems
- Strong team working ethic
- Good financial awareness and can work to strict deadlines.
- A proven track record of delivering in a professional support function in a fast paced environment.
The Company - Outsource UK - Our People, Your Success
Outsource UK is an exciting place to be. We are a fast growing independent IT, technical and engineering recruitment consultancy that has some very forward-thinking expansion plans. We have been recognised by the London Stock Exchange as one of the top 1000 most inspirational companies to work for in Great Britain, and have annual turnover in excess of GBP65m.
Outsource UK employs over 60 people and we supply IT and Technical contractors and permanent resource into the Commerce & Industry, Public Sector, Finance & Banking and Engineering sectors. We have been in business 25 years this year, and are very proud that we have a high staff retention rate. We are also highly-rated and have achieved OpenCompany status.
- A competitive basic salary
- Free car parking
- Pension after 3 months - Outsource contributes 3% of your basic salary - employee contribution is optional until October 2017.
- Healthcare provision after 6 months
- Discretional benefits include life assurance, childcare vouchers and the Cycle to Work scheme.
- Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm with an hour for lunch
If you are considering a move from your current role, please apply online to Alexia Seller - HR Business Partner. If you would like an informal chat or to hear more about the role then please contact Alexia