Citibase have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join their expanding team in Birmingham.
Job Title – Assistant Accountant
Location – Birmingham (B1)
Job Type – Full Time (40 Hours)
Salary -16,000 - 18,000
Citibase offers fully serviced business centres for cost-conscious businesses in over 30 locations nationwide.
As part of the busy finance team, the Assistant Accountant will report to the Regional Commercial Accountants and work closely with a small team of Management Accountant who will provide guidance and support. The role will ideally suit a candidate who is commencing their career within finance and study support will be offered alongside on the job experience.
Working closely with the rest of the Finance Department in order to ensure consistency and best practice is developed and maintained across the function, proactively driving the ongoing improvement of business practices and performance across the team. Working co-operatively and positively with all internal departments, providing excellent service and support and advice where applicable.
As Assistant Accountant you will:
- Reconciling the bank accounts on a daily basis and posting transaction to the general ledger
- Allocating customer payments to the sales ledger
- Liaising with centre managers and the wider business to resolve account issues
- Administering centre petty cash returns
- Processing customer direct debits
- Assisting with credit management – sending aged debt reports to the centre managers and assisting with sending reminder letters
- Assisting the management accountants in preparing the month end numbers
- Importing month end sales invoice data from the business billing software
- Producing analysis of service income and providing explanations for variances to prior month results
- Reconciling customer deposit balances and overseeing the return of deposits where required.
Assistant Accountant - Skills & Experience required:
- Part Qualified and or working towards CIMA, ACCA, AAT or similar qualification would be desirable but not essential
- Customer service, promotions and previous administrative experience
- Previous experience of working within the industry would be desirable
- A background of working within a Finance department would be desirable.
- Experience involving banking, account reconciliations, preparing financial statements and preparing VAT returns
- Computer literate and comfortable with Microsoft Office programmes.
- Report Writing skills, comfortable analysing large amounts of data and reporting the results.
- Prepared to go the extra mile to ensure an issue is resolved
- Committed to studying and passing a recognised professional accounting qualification
- Hard working, well presented and conscientious
To submit your CV for this exciting Assistant Accountant opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.
This role may be relevant if you have previous experience as: Finance Assistant, Financial Support, Finance Administrator, Accounts Manager, Head of Accounts, SAGE, Payroll, Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Finance Coordinator, Accounts Executive, Finance Supervisor, Payroll Supervisor, Management Accountant, Graduate Accounts.