Director of Communications / Head of Marketing Communications
Job Title: Director of Communications
Location: Stevenage and across all sites in North Herts
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 basic, plus pension and performance-related pay
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
This is a fantastic permanent or secondment opportunity for an ambitious individual looking to make the next step in their communications and marketing career. Just 20 minutes from King's Cross, our Client is a progressive, creative organisation open to new ideas and ways of working. You'll receive a combination of support and stretch from the CEO and senior management team, whilst being empowered to lead a committed, talented team, to deliver a suite of campaigns that will directly impact our students, business clients and community partnerships.
About the Company
Our Client is a charitable organisation with a mission to create social and economic value for individuals, businesses and the communities they serve through learning. In 2015/16 they supported over 6,000 students, including 2,200 full time students, 1,600 apprentices and 400 trainees. They are currently working towards an ambitious five-year strategy. To realise their strategy, they need the best people around. They're building an amazing team, all of whom share their passion, pace and commitment to helping their students get where they want to be in life.
Working direct to the CEO, the Director of Communications is responsible for the development and implementation of all external and internal communications campaigns and ad hoc communications activity across the Group.
- £50k to £60k basic salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Participation in group-wide Performance Related Pay (PRP) scheme
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver marketing / communications plan for the Group that supports top line business objectives
- Oversee definition, development and delivery of marketing / communications campaigns across the Group
- Oversee and maintain quality standards in campaign collateral / content
- Monitor impact of marketing / communications activities, generating insights that help us improve future performance
- Manage internal communications across the Group including staff, student and parent communications channels
- Manage relationships with external partners including e.g. creative agencies, media partners and other suppliers
- Manage pay and non-pay budgets for marketing and communications
- Lead and develop marketing / communications team
- Demonstrable expertise in marketing and communications - possibly but not necessarily through degree-level study in relevant field
- Track record for delivering business outcomes through leadership of marketing / communications teams and campaigns
- Proven ability to build and maintain senior-level relationships with clients, stakeholders and suppliers
- Project management skills required to deliver structured, well-planned approach to management of campaigns
- Financial management skills required to manage external spend in support of agreed plan / campaigns
- Experience leading, managing and developing teams
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Director of Communications, Head of Communications, Marketing Director, Communications Director, Head of Marketing Communications, Head of PR, Marketing Communications Director, Media Relations Director, Marketing Specialist, Digital Marketing Communications Manager, PR Director, Head of Media Relations may also be considered for this role.