Field service engineer
Field Service Engineer
Midlands (Birmingham, Walsall, Derby)
Base Rate: From £13.00 per hour – final rate to be discussed with successful candidate based on qualifications and experience.
Excellent earning potential + Quarterly Bonus Scheme for eligible employees + OT + On Call Payments + Full Machine Training + Specialist tools and Equipment + Benefits
Who are we? Scobie Foodservices Ltd is part of the Scobie McIntosh Group. Scobie McIntosh is a family run business with a proud tradition of providing specialist support to the foodservice industry since 1885. At the heart of our business is service engineering and a desire to be a partner of choice for our clients, providing specialist solutions throughout the supply chain.
With over 100 of our own trained engineers, we specialise in the supply of equipment, maintenance and repair, to valued clients in the commercial catering, bakery, coffee, vending, cooling and refrigeration sectors. We have achieved excellent levels of customer satisfaction over the years and hope you will become part of those employees who take pride in upholding this standard of work.
Why join Scobie McIntosh? This is an excellent opportunity to join an industry leading company. We offer continuous training which will increase your technical knowledge, keep you challenged and interested as you develop your career.
What is the role of Field Service Engineer?
You will be working within leading supermarket chains, wholesale warehouses and independent clients, from private bakers to hotel kitchens. Your role will require you to cover a range of catering and bakery equipment - Combi Ovens, Fryers, Rotisserie Ovens, Baine Maries, Hot Displays, Microwaves, Rack Ovens, Bread Plants, Mixers, Sealers, Bread Slicers (gas equipment will depend on Gas Safe qualifications). This role entails the following:
- Installing, servicing, and repairing Catering and Bakery equipment
- ComCats 1,3 and 5 desirable
- Three phase electrical experience essential
- Mechanical experience required
- On-site and manufacturer training provided
- Company pension and quarterly bonus scheme available after relevant qualifying periods
- Fully expensed company van provided
- Company phone and tablet
- Excellent remuneration package with overtime and on-call allowance. To be discussed in detail with candidates dependent upon qualifications and experience.
What experience is needed in becoming the successful Field Service Engineer?
- Relevant experience to be able to demonstrate a background in the servicing and repair of bakery or catering and other equipment in food industry, preferably within a field based environment.
- Good electrical knowledge.
- You need to be physically fit as you will be required to lift equipment
- As the position is mobile, a full clean Driving License is essential
We are looking to hire ASAP so if you meet the above criteria then please apply now!