Post: Nursery Chef/Nursery Cook
Location: Inside David Lloyds Leisure, Ethiebeaton Park, Monifieth DD5 4HB
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £7.60 - £10.15 per hour
Busy Bees at Monifieth
Busy Bees at Monifieth is a well established nursery that nurtures and educates children from the age of 6 weeks to 5 years old. Throughout the years that the nursery have been in David Lloyd Leisure, the staff group has grown together, with many of us being here for over 10 years. The nursery has a homely yet stimulating environment, with pale colours to ensure that the children work is the focal point of any displays.
At Busy Bees we anticipate that our children will have various dietary needs and so the Chef needs to pay attention to the different meals that need to be prepared as well as the snacks and drinks requested. Our established kitchen is state of the art and designed for purpose. We are looking for a team player who enjoys working in a “child first” environment. The ongoing need for the highest levels of hygiene and cleanliness is essential as is a Food Hygiene Level 2 certificate is essential, in addition to a recognised catering.
The Chef is responsible for ensuring safe and nutritious meals, snacks and drinks are being provided to children who attend the nursery throughout the day and within the approved financial budget.
We offer a package which reflects how much we value our Nursery staff, these are as follows:-
- Childcare provision with substantial discounts
- A solid development programme for staff at all levels leading to nationally recognisable qualifications
- Retail Discounts Scheme e.g. Sainsbury’s, Mark & Spencer, Odeon, Gym membership and many more including cash back facilities
- A confidential employee assistance programme to assist all staff where they may benefit from having access to a sensitive ear
- Provision of pension scheme auto enrolment
(For a full job description please visit Busy Bees Childcare Careers Page)
Should this post be of interest to you, please contact us straight away; we look forward to hearing from you!
You are invited to apply to join our very successful and happy nursery team.