Key Account Manager - Government
Travelodge has a unique opportunity available for a Key Account Manager - Government to join the team based in London, offering a salary of £45,000 - £55,000 depending on experience, plus benefits. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing hotel chains!
The job in a nutshell
As Key Account Manager you’ll develop and deliver sales strategies with our largest corporate customer, Crown Commercial Services. You’ll maintain and grow sales of room nights and market share in accordance with agreed targets.
You'll be based from the nearest Travelodge to you, so there is flexibility with location. There is regular requirements to attend meetings in our Hotel Support Centre in Thame as well as London and Liverpool, so its likely the successful candidate will be commutable to London and Thame.
What are the responsibilities of the Key Account Manager - Government?
- Primarily (but not exclusively) manage the relationship with our largest corporate customer, Crown Commercial Services (CCS).
- Develop and maintain a positive and professional relationship with the client.
- Ensure ‘total’ account management of each customer is achieved by taking complete ownership of all aspects of the customer’s interaction with Travelodge.
- Support the overall Sales Team strategic plans for this segment.
- Focus on growing revenue and market share supported by commercial relationships and strategic plans.
- Identify and secure new business opportunities within the account.
- Build strong internal stakeholder relationships at all levels, promoting communication and innovation.
- Work closely with the Travelodge Revenue team to ensure alignment with the overall Travelodge rate strategy.
- Prepare regular performance and strategy updates including insight for key internal stakeholders.
What we’ll expect from our Key Account Manager - Government
To be successful, you’ll be a self-starter who’s able to proactively drive strategy, initiatives and sales. You’ll be able to demonstrate your ability to analyse performance data and identify opportunities for account growth. Public sector travel management experience would be ideal but at the very least, direct corporate hotel or travel account management is essential.
- Significant relevant sales experience and evidence of commercial relationships with senior figures in large organisations
- Excellent presentation skills in front of large groups with the ability to influence
- Account development planning to include clear strategic actions
- Results driven and self-motivated
We offer a fantastic benefits package!
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. You’ll have the support of a close network of colleagues and managers, and every day is different here!
Reward and recognition
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a competitive salary, being part of our hotel support centre means great holiday entitlements, pension contribution deals, being part of our bonus scheme, and a Thanks Card giving generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates.
Career and development
We want you to develop further with us at Travelodge and we’ll provide you a development plan to help you reach your goals. You can expect to have a full induction and training relevant to your role.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join the UK’s largest independent hotel provider as our Key Account Manager - Government.