Learning and Development eLearning Designer
Travelodge has a unique opportunity available for a Learning and Development eLearning Designer to join the team based in Thame. The role is a full time, 12 month fixed term position offering a salary up to £40,000 dependent on experience, plus benefits. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing hotel chains!
The job in a nutshell
Here at Travelodge, our Hotel Teams ensure that our customers have such a great stay that they want to return.
As an eLearning Designer your role will involve a combination of design and development of eLearning content that will inspire our Hotel Teams and Support Centre colleagues to want to learn. You will consult and collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand, identify, recommend and develop e-learning solutions.
What are the responsibilities of the Learning and Development eLearning Designer?
- Work independently, using your own initiative to offer excellent e-learning training solutions to our Hotel and Support Centre colleagues.
- Develop professional eLearning material that will be compatible with and integrate with our Learning Management System (LMS)
- Guide and facilitate the rollout of eLearning content and solutions to internal stakeholders and teams.
- Use knowledge of training methodologies to develop and migrate legacy classroom learning content into eLearning solutions and onto the LMS (including systems training)
- Update existing eLearning content to ensure it remains up to date with Travelodge’s 3 year plan objectives
- Work alongside stakeholders to identify eLearning solutions and build effective solutions.
- Provide end to end user support and respond to technical queries
- Act as an eLearning specialist and ‘go to’ person
- Write training support materials for users
- Utilise excellent written English skills to design and develop storyboards for eLearning and other digital learning materials
What we’ll expect from our Learning and Development eLearning Designer
To be successful in this role, you’ll have a real passion for learning & development and extensive experience in a similar role, creating high quality, eLearning solutions to tight timescales. We’re looking for someone innovative and creative who can offer a real hands-on approach, as you’ll be the point of contact and subject matter expert in L&D.
- A completer – finisher you’ll demonstrate proven experience in training techniques and methodologies. As well as this you’ll:
- Have a working knowledge of eLearning design and digital content development
- Possess good knowledge of Articulate, Storyline and Learning Management Systems
- Demonstrate project manager experience
We offer a fantastic benefits package!
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. Every day is different here and you definitely see life! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity
Reward and recognition
You will earn a competitive salary and be entered in the hotel bonus scheme. You can also expect to enjoy generous room and food discounts, as well as friends and family rates. We are committed to recognising a job well done and commitment to quality is rewarded.
Career and development
You can expect full training in your role with a detailed induction programme on joining the company. Career progression is encouraged whether that be to larger, more complex hotels or into support centre roles.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join the UK’s largest independent hotel provider as our Learning and Development eLearning Designer.