An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Cambridge News as a Senior Reporter.
Our Business: Trinity Mirror plc
Trinity Mirror plc, with an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing more than six the thousand people across sixty-plus locations around the country.
Our drive to capture, present and analyse the news inspired the launch of our very first papers in the early 19th Century. And today our commitment is just as strong. Whether via page or screen, our audiences get the trusted, reliable news service they have come to expect. Our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands (Daily Mirror, Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, Scottish Daily Record, Sunday Mail, The Herald and Western Morning News to name a few) provide. None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
You'll be working for the Cambridge News in print and online to produce interesting content and drive audience numbers.
- To write engaging digital content
- To assist in the management of a team of journalists
- To assist in coordinating a daily news list, focused on creating shareable digital content
- To ensure the content is relevant to the local community
- To drive digital audience growth
- To use analytics to inform content decisions, creating content around what's trending locally
- To use social media to spot and generate stories and identify relevant trending content
- To publish digitally-optimised content with a particular focus on quality and presentation
- To work with commercial teams to develop a coordinated revenue-generating strategy
You will write creative and shareable digital content ideas for the www.cambridge-news.co.uk website; work as part of the news desk to coordinate content and manage reporting team; work closely with the social media manager and take responsibility for social media accounts as required; work closely with commercial teams to develop revenue and digital audience-generating ideas. Working to maintain the highest possible standards of professionalism and integrity at all time within the framework of current legislation and editorial and company policies.
What you need to know
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package, which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary, 25 days holidays including Bank holidays, a competitive pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio (to be discussed at interview), free car parking.
The closing date for this role is 18th November, 2016
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.