Senior Designer, Window Displays and Spacial 3D Design
LVMH Services Limited provides services to other companies within LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton Group, the world leader in luxury. It is currently looking for two Senior Designers who will be responsible for leading the process of researching, developing, illustrating, designing and prototyping creative concepts for all 3-dimensional (3D) and spacial design projects (including but not limited to window displays, exhibition spaces, space design for retail product animations and props).
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- researching idea and concept for novel 3-dimensional designs for window displays and product animations in retail/commercial spaces as well as other spacial projects supporting brand development outside of the retail network of the brand;
- creating mood-boards, research and exploration of pictures and moving images for the creative concepts;
- liaising with other departments and functions of the company/brand to establish project purpose, market and product trends as well as production requirements and constraints;
- illustrating initial concepts indicating artistic direction for spacial composition, forms, materials and colors through hand sketches, scale drawings and color options;
- designing and detailing specification of space compositions, forms, materials and colors with the use of specialised 3D software for modeling and image rendering (such as Rhinoceros, 3DStudioMax, Z-Brush, Keyshot and V-Ray);
- formulating developed concepts and detailed designs with the use of illustrations and 3D renderings for consideration and approval of the Creative Director, Art Director and the top management of the company/brand. Through adequate descriptions and communication of design rationale the Senior Designer will engage in further creative discussions to obtain and incorporate any feedback for alterations leading to final concept approval;
- working on detailed design of the forms and the composition of final concept, technical drawings for production, specifications of materials, finishes and any effects (digital or kinetic) as well as overseeing production of the prototypes, mock-ups and samples;
- partnering with technical design teams and production teams at LVMH brands for design innovation, new material research as well as new production techniques;
- assuming leadership role, overseeing and supporting designers and junior designers in the same design process on other projects; and
- representing designers and junior designers in the process of presentation, feedback and approval of the concepts with the top managements of LVMH brands.
As Senior Designer, you must have/be:
- seniority and experience in terms of visual research techniques;
- understanding of luxury brands market and luxury brand codes;
- high level of 3D design skills including command of modeling and rendering software such as Rhinoceros and Keyshot;
- ability to illustrate own novel ideas through sketches, drawings and physical mock-ups;
- high level of communication skills (verbal and visual); and
- fully capable of performing all tasks of the design process, being responsible for individual development of projects, as well as serving a leadership role for a team of designers and freelancers for designated projects.
In addition, you will ideally have:
- knowledge and application of materials and manufacturing techniques;
- experience in sample production;
- ability to incorporate complex marketing and merchandising information related to the brand and the product; and
- very good knowledge of modern art.
Applications to be sent to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 15 November 2016.