Designer, Window Displays and Spacial 3D Design
LVMH Services Limited provides services to other companies within LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton Group, the world leader in luxury. It is currently looking for a Designer who will be responsible for researching, developing, illustrating, designing and prototyping creative concepts for all 3-dimensional (3D) and spacial design projects (including but not limited to window displays, exhibition spaces, space design for retail product animations and props).
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- researching idea and concept for novel 3-dimensional designs for window displays and product animations in retail/commercial spaces as well as other spacial projects supporting brand development outside of the retail network of the brand;
- creating mood-boards, research and exploration of pictures and moving images for the creative concepts;
- illustrating initial concepts indicating artistic direction for spacial composition, forms, materials and colors through hand sketches, scale drawings and color options;
- designing and detailing specification of space compositions, forms, materials and colors with the use of specialised 3D software for modeling and image rendering (such as Rhinoceros, 3DStudioMax, Z-Brush, Keyshot and V-Ray);
- formulating developed concepts and detailed designs with the use of illustrations and 3D renderings for consideration and approval of the Creative Director, Art Director and the top management of the company/brand;
- working on detailed design of the forms and the composition of final concept, technical drawings for production, specifications of materials, finishes and any effects (digital or kinetic) as well as overseeing production of the prototypes, mock-ups and samples; and
- partnering with technical design teams and production teams at LVMH brands for design innovation, new material research as well new production techniques.
As Designer, you must have/be:
- high level of spacial design skills for retail environments and experience in terms of visual research techniques;
- understanding of luxury brands market and luxury brand codes;
- high level of 3D design skills including command of modeling and rendering software such as Rhinoceros and Keyshot;
- ability to illustrate own novel ideas through sketches, drawings and physical mock-ups;
- high level of communication skills (verbal and visual); and
- fully capable of performing all of the tasks of the design process, with various level of proficiency and taking responsibility for parts or all of the steps of design process, depending on the complexity of the project.
In addition, you will ideally have:
- knowledge and application of materials and manufacturing techniques;
- experience in sample production; and
- ability to incorporate complex marketing and merchandising information related to the brand and the product.
Applications to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 15 November 2016.