Refrigeration Maintenance Engineer / Air Con PPM Technician
Job Title: Refrigeration PPM Engineers
Location: Northampton/Peterborough area
Salary: £8.50 per hour
Are you a talented Refrigeration Engineer looking for your next move??
The company is a commercial refrigeration specialist who supply, maintain, design and install a wide range of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning equipment to a wide variety of customers and clients throughout the UK. They also design and manufacture their own bespoke products that can be tailored to suit individual retailing requirements. Set-up in 1996, they have many years' experience in the commercial refrigeration industry.
They currently require a Refrigeration Maintenance (PPM) Engineers in Northampton/Peterborough
- Attend site on advice of a job on Personal Data Assistant (PDA) ensuring personal presentation provides a positive image of the business to other persons.
- Update the PDA with mileage to site and time of arrival.
- Undertake routine diagnostic check as per reported fault.
- Aim to achieve a first time fix utilizing parts from van stock.
- Issue parts from van stock and update PDA to show parts used.
- Update PDA with the details of parts required if not in van stock.
- Update PDA correctly with all information required necessary to procure parts if required e.g. equipment make, model, serial number, and condition of equipment/site.
- Confirm the integrity of the repaired system using testing procedures i.e. pressure testing, leak testing and take precautionary actions to prevent the unauthorized use of un-commissioned system components.
- Notify Service Controllers if additional work is required not covered by the job details.
- Notify Service Controller prior to updating any client based web systems on site.
- Obtain customer signature on PDA for all jobs completed.
- Notify Service Controller when job has been completed.
- Return all documents/ job information/permits/ asset registers via post/ email when requested by Service Controllers/ Team Leaders.
- Report to the immediate Service Controller and /or Regional Area Manager circumstances that affect the progress of the repair/maintenance.
- Agree revisions to work programs with Area Regional Manager and / or Service Manager where modifications and deviations prove necessary.
- Report to Service Controller or Regional Area Manager potential opportunities for improving business procedures.
Applicants must be fully conversant and experienced in the refrigeration and air-conditioning industry. Applicants must be qualified to NVQ/SVQ Level 2 in Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning, and ideally hold Safe Handling of Gas Certificates which should include F-Gas and Hydrocarbon Care Card.
Applicants must hold a clean valid driving license and will be required to travel in this area as well as being prepared to work the necessary overtime to meet their Client's demands.
Hourly Rates of £8.50 plus overtime available, depending on experience, pension scheme and fully expensed company van, mobile telephone, and PDA device.
Please be aware the company will not be providing relocation packages or sponsorship for this role and so you will need to be both eligible to live and work in the UK and live within a commutable distance of the Peterborough/Northampton area.
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter.
Candidates with experience of; Field Service Technician, Commercial Catering Engineers, Electrical Engineer, Refrigeration Engineer, Engineer, Refrigeration Engineer, Fridge Engineer, Refrigeration Technician, Field Service Engineer, Freezer Technician, Fridge Engineer, Fridge Technician, Technician, Service Engineer, Refrigeration Service Engineer, Refrigeration Installation Engineer, Maintenance Engineer will also be considered for this role.