Client Accountant, Salary £20-£24k + benefits, Based in Hemel Hempstead
A National Property Management Company has an exciting opportunity for a Client Accountant to join their growing finance team. This role sits within the Estate Accounts Department and is responsible for preparing Trust, Resident Management Company and Limited Company Accounts in an accurate and timely fashion and to liaise with internal and external parties. The ideal candidate will have good experience of double entry book-keeping and preferably be working towards a full Accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA etc.). We are open to considering candidates from both commercial and practice backgrounds.
Client Accountant Key Responsibilities:
- To prepare, review and issue annual Service Charge Budgets
- To ensure accurate and timely accounting information is supplied to residents and management.
- Checking invoices are recognised in the correct period and scheme.
- Maintaining nominal ledgers.
- Adjusting year-end accounts and calculating accruals and prepayments.
- Reconcile bank account, debtors and creditors.
- Preparation of annual financial statements and audit pack for presentation to external accountants.
- Preparation of adjustments due to residents from the balancing of the Service Charge Accounts (surplus/deficit calculation).
- Review draft accounts with the relevant Estate Manager before sending to the Residential Management Companies (RMC’s) for Approval.
- Liaising with Internal clients (Estate Managers) and External clients (Accountants, Residents and Developers) to resolve queries.
- Analysing financial data, downloading from the ledger and manipulating as required.
- Administrative tasks (Inc. Filing, Telephone queries etc.)
- Experience in a relevant Accounting role
- Experience of Double Entry Book keeping essential
- Accountancy Qualification, preferably working toward full qualification (ACCA, CIMA, etc.)
- Good numeracy and Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Experience in data manipulation
- General understanding of UK GAAP
- Organised and self-motivated with high attention to detail
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then please apply, attaching your CV.
Key words; Client Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Part Qualified Accountant, Book Keeper, ACCA, CIMA, AAT.