Head Groundsman - Worcester
Location: Warriors Way, Worcester (WR3 8ZE)
Reporting to: General Manager
Reports: Groundsman, Apprentice Groundsman
Our client is seeking to employ an experienced Grounds Person to head up the grounds team, maintaining the 68 acre Sixways site and professional rugby pitches.
- To develop effective schedules and plans to ensure that pitches are in good condition and ready for use at the correct time during the season.
- To maintain, repair and prepare all rugby pitches and surrounding ground.
- To organise hedge trimming as required around the complex and to be responsible for all verges and ditches
- To maintain and remove any weeds in and around the stadium pitch and around footpaths in and around the complex.
- Maintain and service all machinery and make repairs wherever possible.
- To select contractors when necessary, in consultation with the General Manager. In addition, to oversee all work carried out by contractors.
- To manage and monitor all aspects related to Health and Safety within the grounds department.
- To monitor supplies used and re-order as and when necessary utilising the best available suppliers relative to price and quality.
- To make adequate disposal arrangements for all refuse accumulated during the working day.
- To provide work rotas and time sheets
Our client is recruiting for both Head Groundsman and Groundsman positions. Please indicate which position you are applying for in your application. Groundsman will report to Head Groundsman.
Apply for Head Groundsman - Worcester
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly