EHS Compliance Auditor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and ambitious Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Compliance Auditor and Permitting Specialist to join a global organisation in the Bath area. The successful applicant would support the organisations industrial and investor clients by leading compliance audits at commercial and industrial facilities and/or supporting new environmental permit applications, permit upgrades or surrender processes.
The company would like to hear from candidates who specialise in either the auditing or permitting areas but experience across both would be considered especially advantageous.
Auditing candidates would be expected to be able to lead audits of a range of commercial and industrial facilities, including large and/or complicated industrial sites assessing compliance against both current and reasonably foreseeable environmental, and health & safety legislation and recognised best practice. Candidates will need to understand the differing requirements of due diligence assessments and full operational compliance audits.
Permitting candidates would be expected to have assisted clients by drafting permit applications to the Environment Agency (and related responsible agencies), scoped, commissioned and managed required related specialist studies and lead negotiations.
- Degree or higher in a relevant discipline
- Technical competency in environmental compliance auditing and/or industrial permitting
- A NEBOSH Diploma or similar qualification and/or proven experience in health and safety compliance auditing
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- A full UK driving licence and eligibility to work in the UK
- Track record in due diligence and compliance auditing
- Track record in delivering permit applications, modifications and surrenders
- A sound working knowledge of the Environmental Permitting regime
- Delivery of complex projects on time and on budget
- Experience in leading project teams