HR Business Partner
Travelodge has a unique opportunity available for a HR Business Partner to join the team based in Croydon. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of circa £45K plus car / car allowance and benefits. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing hotel chains!
Founded in 1985, Travelodge is the UK’s largest independent hotel provider, operating more than 500 hotels and 38,000 rooms across the UK, the Republic of Ireland and Spain. Our total turnover is in excess of £500m and we employ almost 10,000 people.
In the last two years, Travelodge has undergone a significant change programme as part of our journey to achieve our vision of becoming the UK’s favourite hotel for value.
The job in a nutshell
As HR Business Partner for the South East region, you’ll provide the strategic and operational HR input needed to effectively deliver the people agenda and enable the achievement of business objectives at district and regional level.
In this role you’ll develop, manage and oversee the overall people approach for your region, ensuring that it supports us to achieve sustainable business performance. You’ll work collaboratively with other colleague across HR to ensure that we deliver an effective, joined-up HR service.
What are the responsibilities of the HR Business Partner?
- Proactively partner the regional management team, supporting the planning, shaping, implementation and embedding of strategic and operational people solutions
- Contribute to the HR strategy and development of specific people plans, taking the lead for your region
- Oversee the overall HR service provision to the region, working closely with colleagues across departments
- Provide specialist HR advice, guidance and coaching to leaders and managers on a variety of people matters
- Enable your Regional Director, District Managers and Hotel Managers to effectively lead and manage their teams to optimise performance and help them to grow and develop their people
- Plan and oversee all regional manpower requirements, working with the management team to identify needs and progress talent and succession actions in order to drive a reduction in key hire vacancies
- Deliver people management/HR process and procedure training to managers in support of and/or to compliment other training delivered by the Learning & Development team
What we’ll expect from our HR Business Partner
- To succeed as our HR Business Partner you’ll be of graduate calibre and ideally fully CIPD qualified.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate your passion, warmth and enthusiasm for the people agenda and be able to articulate how this contributes to the achievement of sustainable business performance.
- You’ll have solid HR experience gained in a regional role in a fast paced, customer centric and multisite business.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret people insight and make sound business decisions or recommendations based on data
- Experience of supporting and embedding the people elements associated with transformational change
- Good technical knowledge of employment law and practise
- Experience of coaching, training delivery and facilitation
We offer a fantastic benefits package!
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. You’ll have the support of a close network of colleagues and managers, and every day is different here!
Reward and recognition
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a competitive salary, being part of our hotel support centre means great holiday entitlements, pension contribution deals, being part of our bonus scheme, and a Thanks Card giving generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates.
Career and development
We want you to develop further with us at Travelodge and we’ll provide you a development plan to help you reach your goals. You can expect to have a full induction and training relevant to your role.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join the UK’s largest independent hotel provider as our HR Business Partner.