Senior Sports Centre Supervisor / Sports Centre Team Leader
Job Title: Senior Sports Centre Supervisor
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14
Salary: £21,276 per annum
The Senior Sports Centre Supervisor has operational responsibility for ensuring that the Sports Centre operates to the highest standards at all times. This requires a high level of commitment, excellent customer service skills and the ability to develop and lead a high performance team. The organisation is going through an exciting period of change as it introduces a range of new activities and income streams and we are looking for someone who welcomes, and will contribute to, this challenge.
Previous experience and professional qualifications in the sports/leisure industry would be preferable. Having a valid National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) would be desirable, however applications may still be considered if an NPLQ is obtained within 2 months of appointment.
Sports Centre Supervisors work as part of a team on a shift pattern and some evening and weekend work will be necessary.
- To ensure that the Sports Centres at the School operate to the best possible advantage.
- To work closely with the other Sports Centre Supervisors, the Sports Centre Facilities Manager, the Business Development & Operations Manager, and all staff responsible for sporting activities.
- To keep the Senior Sports Centre Supervisor and Business Development & Operations Manager regularly and fully informed on any matters concerning the management and administration of the Centre.
- To support the Sport & Physical Education Department in achieving their aims and objectives, which are based on the principle of providing more opportunities to more pupils.
- To support the School Enterprises in achieving its aims and objectives, which are based on the principle of high quality sport and leisure activities on a commercial basis.
- To keep the Sports Centre Supervisors and Business Development & Operations Manager regularly and fully informed of all events and eventualities.
- To learn and implement COSHH and health and safety legislation.
- To ensure that all building systems (air conditioning, pool plant) are carefully controlled and monitored with due regard to prudent safety and comfort factors.
- Setting up of equipment and venues to meet the requirements of the service.
- To work poolside as a Lifeguard as required.
- To work in the Fitness Suite as a Fitness Consultant as required (and if qualified).
- Informing the Senior Sports Centre Supervisor of low stock levels and ordering when required.
- Checking all goods and services are delivered as ordered, approving the delivery note and passing on to the Business Development & Operations Manager.
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Sports Centre Supervisor:
- Ensure the staff rota is complete in advance and staff levels are appropriate.
- To act as the main contact for all sports centre enquiries (internal/external).
- To provide support for the activity programme development, as required, including promotional materials.
- To work closely with PE and school timetable events.
- To review procedures and policies.
- To liaise with senior management in school when required.
- To work closely with the Sports Centre Facilities Manager regarding maintenance and budgets.
- To generate and write reports.
- (if not currently held, the individual will be required to obtain one within two months or as soon as is practicably possible at the School's expense)
- Competent in the use of Information Technology
- Willingness to attend training courses as required
- Displays commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
- Values and respects the views and needs of children and young people and all customers
- Previous experience within the Industry
- Professional qualifications
(Sports/Leisure Management Qualification, CIMSPA or equivalent)
- NVQ Level 2 in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
To apply for this role please click APPLY and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the Job Pack and Application Form. Please be aware that our Client DOES NOT accept CVs. You must complete an application form to be considered for this role.
The Foundation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Senior Sports Centre Assistant, Gymnasium Assistant, Lifeguard, Qualified Lifeguard, Pool Supervisor, Gym Supervisor, Sports Supervisor, Sports Assistant, Sports Centre Supervisor, Leisure Centre Assistant, Leisure Centre Supervisor, Leisure Assistant, Leisure Supervisor will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Senior Sports Centre Supervisor / Sports Centre Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly