6 days left
- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
• Support the provision of care by attending to the needs and rights of older individuals within a caring environment.
This role may require flexible, evening and weekend working.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of two references, one of these must be your current or most recent employer.
Working Pattern: 21 hours worked over 3 days per week / no set rota pattern.
Informal enquiries to Liane Bruce 01651 872300
• Assist individuals to carry out intimate personal care tasks, general day-to-day activities, and providing support in meeting social, spiritual and emotional needs
• Contribute to the maintenance and updating of personal care plans, using both verbal and written recording systems
• Carry out general housekeeping duties as required by the management team
• Use of approaches to manage behaviours that challenge in care settings
• Academic achievement to Scottish National Level 4 or 5, Standard Grades or equivalent transferable experience and skills
• Ability to undertake mandatory Health and Safety training for example
People and Object handling, Crisis and Limitation Management (CALM)
• SVQ 2 in Health and Social Care or agreement to undertake in post within specified period
• Willingness to commit to training in order to achieve SSSC Registration
• Previous work experience in a caring role with older people in health or
social care either in the community or in a residential setting
• Experience of following and delivering personal plans of care
• Intimate personal care experience
• Good interpersonal skills and team working skills, within the ability to use initiative and be adaptable and flexible in approach
• Understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality
• Knowledge and understanding of the Person Centred Approach in relation to Health and Social Care
• SVQ 2 and relevant SSSC Registration
• Awareness of care planning and review systems
• Knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Job Profile Care Assistant 2009-12-21.pdf