DIY Respite Supervisor
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
A vacancy has arisen for a DIY Respite Supervisor based at the Inverurie Family Centre to coordinate and supervise a team providing respite programmes for children with disabilities at the DIY Club. There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where applicable, this post also requires an Overseas Criminal Record Check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
Hours: The successful candidate will be required to work 7 hours every other Saturday.
Informal enquiries to Sharon Napier, tel: 01467 628616
- Supervise the day-to-day running of the DIY Club and ensure that a safe and stimulating experience is provided
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop and maintain a plan of appropriate activities
- Ensure the club operates in accordance with appropriate policies, procedures and guidelines, for example child protection and health & safety
- Provide support to employees delivering the programmes
- Ensure that appropriate personal care is provided as required
- Undertake cash handling and ensure duties are carried out in accordance with financial procedures
- Ensure appropriate records are maintained
- Participate in supervision with DIY Club Manager
- Participate in training as directed by the DIY Club Management Team
Job Profile DIY Respite Supervisor 2012-06-16.pdf
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf