Job Title: Commercial Manager
Primary Location/s: Radbroke Hall (Knutsford, Cheshire)
Corporate Grade: VP
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website for more information.
CIO is a global team of c8,000 colleagues based in EMEA, US, APAC and Africa. We are accountable for delivering and supporting resilient, secure infrastructure technology and services to customers, clients and colleagues.
Within CIO, Chief of Staff supports the leadership team with Finance process definition, management and maintenance, in conjunction with the Finance business partners and Finance Cost transparency teams, as well as benchmarking against equivalent financial and technical service organisations, to ensure CIO is seen as a competitive, commercial offering.
Overall purpose of role:
- Subject matter expert on the Technology commercial (cost recovery) models ensuring robust practices and processes are in place and followed, and the ability to benchmark against external companies to be competitive and drive/influence strategic direction
- Maternity cover for 12 months
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
This section should include:
Key specific accountabilities.
- Establish, lead and improve the commercial billing model through chairing the governance groups and through this, provide a structure and framework to ensure all stakeholders are consulted/informed for any changes to the billing model
- Acts as the single point of contact for commercial query handling eg APPTIO configurations, benchmarking entries and refreshes and field queries from a wide range of stakeholders across the organisation.
- Undertakes financial benchmarking activities, implement benchmarking measures and review the commercial position against market leaders.
- Lead across Finance, Business Units and CIO for annual billing cycles (MTP) and supports requests for information and discussion with business units
- Provides third line support to the MI team and Finance for the monthly volumetrics actuals process and ensure data quality
Stakeholder management and leadership.
- Be able to build effective relationships across the Barclays Group and be able to manage, influence and negotiate with stakeholders at all levels including senior management (MD/D)
- Plays a leadership role in adoption and furtherance of the cost recovery process and setting commercially based targets
- Represents CIO and Technology Chief of Staff both internally and externally to Barclays Group (working with external consultants with benchmarking and Apptio implementation)
Decision making and problem solving
- Ability to use multiple sources of information for exception handling, problem solving and to interpret situations creatively and effectively in potentially complex and sensitive situations; have the ability to distil complex topics into simple diagrams for discussion and agreement
- Controls change management for charging principles, data and systems, undertaking lessons learnt from the first year of operations and driving step improvements in principles, process and data
- Can discuss key benefits and drawbacks of previous and current Infrastructure commercial positions, billing principles and approaches
- Key contributor to the implementation and usage of Apptio for cost recovery and benchmarking purposes - subject matter expert
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
- Relevant degree eg Accountancy
- Analytical skills including advanced excel skills
- Excellent presentational skills including Powerpoint
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.