Senior Python Engineer - London
Crosstrain to Golang/Go
My client is one of the biggest names in UK eRetail and Retail and a truly instantly recognisable brand. Despite this, their technology function is set-up very much like an Agile "start-up", with many small highly dextrious teams utilising CI/CD and other leading best practice frameworks and methodologies to produce the world class apps and services. They have recently pushed themselves via acquisition into new markets and new product areas and therefore this is an exciting time to join and be part of the journey.
As a Senior Python Engineer, you will get the opportunity to work across their varied tech stack, which includes cutting edge Front End tech and tools, as well as a varied Back End tech including Python and Golang.
Python candidates should have a genuine interest in cross-training to Golang
Essential Skills and Experience;
- HTML5, SEO and accessibility, CSS3 and CSS pre-processing (Sass/LESS).
- Excellent knowledge of Python, or Go.
- Performance techniques such as minification, concatenation, compression, use of SVGs, sprites, and page load profiling
- Object-oriented and functional programming in large scale applications and where to employ one over the other
- Service oriented architecture
- Framework agnostic development
- Unit testing including mocking and behavioural testing
- Application architecture
- Version control
- Relational and non-relational databases
- Caching both at the application and platform level