Java Software Engineer - Java 1.7, 1.8, JPA
Java Software Engineer - Java 1.7, 1.8, JPA, JSTL, XML
An opportunity has arisen within an organisation that is focused on technology solutions and services. You will get a chance to apply your knowledge and skills in both ongoing and new projects in an Agile environment. You will be responsible for development, testing and support for various applications within our product range.
- Working closely with Product Owner, Agile Lead and team members to collaborate and influence development
- Software development - develop, test, documentation and support for products
- Implementation of the design, for development of new and existing software
- Ensure on-time delivery of software to the required quality and for agreed timescales
- Supporting applications in production, for investigating of software issues and identifying solutions.
- Sharing knowledge and best practices within the organization
Experience and personal skills
- Experience of architectural design of applications
- Excellent understanding of Core Java
- Experience in developing and implementing Java applications
- Java v1.6, 1.7 1.8
- JPA & JSF
- Experience in Java web services frameworks (Apache CXF)
- Experience in object mapping technologies
- Experience in Application Server (Tomcat, GlassFish) - desirable.
- Experience in in RDMS and good SQL knowledge
- Understanding of the Agile methodology
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Should be resourceful and proactive in performing activities requested to ensure the required quality and timely delivery
- There may be occasional international travel