Development Team Manager - Windsor
Development Team Manager
Windsor (+ travel to London)
GBP60k - GBP70k
Development Team Manager - (Ruby, MySQL, Linux) required for an online technology company, to manage a large development team of 20+. As a key part of the development department you will work closely with the CTO and other senior staff to ensure team works effectively to deliver projects. Ensure staff are fully managed, motivated, developed and supported.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Line managing a team of 20+ web developers and software engineers.
- Recruit, develop and retain staff to ensure company development needs are met.
- Motivate and support team thoroughly, raising and solving issues effectively.
- Assist CTO, representing department with board and in company leadership meetings.
- Review and report on contractor timesheets, time tracking and project progress.
- Ensure team's skills are up-to-date and career progression is managed.
You will have previous commercial experience as a web developer and/or software engineer in teams. Full management skills, including recruitment, interviews, appraisals, 1:1s, mentoring, career development, disciplinaries, etc. Experience of Scrum to organise teams delivering releases in sprints. Source control and collaboration through pull requests with git and GitHub.Strong communicator with excellent attention to detail and accuracy. A passion for technology and the desire to keep knowledge updated. Flexible, reliable and dependable.
You will have current development skills with Ruby, Go or CFML, and MySQL in Linux environment. Continuous integration and continuous deployment experience.