Operational Risk Controller
My client is a medium sized international bank here in London that is looking for an ORC to join their European team - sitting in the 2nd line function assisting 1st line management to implement the policy principles.
Sitting in a small team, you have a large impact on the bank with a hierarchical line to the CRO for Europe. The role will provide assistance in monitoring that ORM is functioning and that the key risks are highlighted.
This role requires a person to support the day to day operational risk "control" responsibility for London & Europe. The primary focus will be on reviewing and challenging Risk & Control Self Assessments (RCSAs). They will also work on the incident management process as well as assist in running the quarterly Operational Risk Management Committee.
We require a candidate with a solid controls oriented background and knowledge/experience of the end to end process within Markets/Treasury and Corporate Banking. The candidate should also be aware of the key risks faced by the business.
PLease find more information below:
Job Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with performing risk/control assessments, either in an operational team or internal/external audit.
- Exposure and familiar with operational risk frameworks. Is able to articulate the important aspects like RCSAs, KRIs/KCIs, Incident management, and management/reporting of risk/control issues.
- Experience writing reports that articulates key issues to senior management.
- Has experience in developing and implementing operational risk frameworks.
- Aware of operational risk regulatory requirements.
- Has been directly involved in an operational risk team in an investment bank covering the end to end process within financial markets and corporate banking.
Development Value of the Role:
- To grow into the role of deputising for the head of Europe, eg run the Op Risk Management Committee, attend the branch Risk Committee etc.
- Technical knowledge around operational risk assessment and management process.
Qualifications desirable: ACA with 2/3 years PQE
Interested? Get in touch with Bethany at Apollo Solutions for more information.