Service Desk Engineer 3178
We have a new opportunity for a permanent Service Desk Administrator to join one of our highly successful Aviation teams at our Whiteley location.
Reporting to the Integration Service Desk (ISD) Lead; we require a technical administrator to support the efficient function of the ISD and to provide additional administrative support to both ISD processes and the Programme Management Office (PMO).
Leidos strives to be a recognised global leader in solving important problems in national, security, health and infrastructure. What you do, where you work, and who's on your team are important. After all, you spend a lot of your time and energy at work. Leidos employees are smart people focused on solving the world's most-daunting challenges. The work requires insight, ingenuity, and commitment to the field.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
ISD Admin Responsibilities include:
- Attending the Defect management Review meetings to facilitate ITSM ticket administration
- Provision of frequent reactive and proactive communication with any staff member in order to give and receive updates on request status and progress
- Updating information within ISD tracking system with Point of Contact (POC) information to support routing of tickets
- Regularly checking the validity of the data for request routing to ensure requests are automatically flowing to the correct functions and points of contact within those functions
- Completing general ISD administration tasks as directed by the ISC Delivery Manager
- Acting as central POC and liaison for teams wanting general information regarding the Platform Programme (such as provision of best POC or directing people to relevant sources of information)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, key business users, colleagues and external suppliers in order to provide a professional customer service approach
- Offer guidance and support as required to ensure and maintain a positive team culture
- Producing and delivering agreed KPI data, in the form of reports, to aid with Continuous Improvement and general Service Desk health monitoring
- Participation in development, documenting, execution, monitoring and improvement of ISD processes to ensure economic, rapid responses to existing and new customer requirements
General administrative responsibilities include:
- General administrative duties in support of the PMO
- Organisation and preparations of presentations
- Room bookings
- Administrative experience
- Proficient experience of Microsoft Office software suite
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish excellent working relationships with other professionals across the Programme, company and with customers
- Able to go the 'extra mile' to achieve tasks, objectives and targets. Demonstrates good attention to detail across all areas of work
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Experience in a customer-facing environment, specifically customer service desk environments
- Experience of using ITSM toolsets, specifically JIRA Service Desk
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures for customer support (such as ITIL)
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button below.
Our company headquarters is located in Reston, Virginia. Outside of the United States, we operate in 30 countries around the world with more than 2,000 employees in global locations. Our largest concentrations are in Australia and the United Kingdom where we continue to expand our local footprint.