Senior Test Automation Developer 3115
We currently have a permanent vacancy for a Test Automation Developer in our Whiteley Office who must have Security Clearance (either current or be able to attain). The successful candidate will utilise their Test Automation experience to develop up test automation capabilities to be utilised in support of the test activities of a major integration programme which will aid the customer in achieving a sequence of significant deployments to underpin their wider business transformation.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
A team of Software Engineers are needed to develop up the Test Automation capability that the Integration & Verification engineers will use to execute functional, non-functional, Performance, Regression, HMI and Resiliency tests of both services and systems of systems\enterprise levels of the solution.Though we are not looking for someone who necessarily has familiarity with Air Traffic Management (ATM), the successful candidate will be responsible for developing a test automation capability for all aspects of the domain.
The successful candidate should possess a mix of manual and automated testing experience on web based applications, as well as a demonstrated ability to create detailed test specifications and test plans. Duties will include:
- Development or enhancement of individual modular test capabilities
- Integration of blocks of test capability functionality.
- Creation and maintenance of a set of automated test scripts to test functionality and performance of product components developed in-house.
- Provision of technical expertise and guidance in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of automated test processes and diagnostic programs for system testing
- Definition and reporting of meaningful automated testing metrics to support decision making by the project manager and product acceptance criteria.
Leidos strives to be a recognized global leader in solving important problems in national, security, health and infrastructure. What you do, where you work, and who's on your team are important. After all, you spend a lot of your time and energy at work. Leidos employees are smart people focused on solving the world's most-daunting challenges. The work requires insight, ingenuity, and commitment to the field.
- Previous experience of developing and enhancing test automation solutions
- Software Design and software system integration
- Software Verification and test
- Formal documentation of software development and test activities
- Experience in coding (C++/C/C#/Java) and Scripting Languages (Python/Perl/TCL)
- Experience in Data processing, packet analysis, real time systems.
- Understand of specifications and problem solving.
- Experience of working in Linux / Unix development environments
- Proactive with a 'can do' attitude
- Experience of working successfully in dynamic and demanding working environments
- Linux Administration
- Experience in using Robot Framework and other COTS based Test Automation & Orchestration tools
- Experience working with service oriented architectures
- ATM knowledge would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite
- Experience of sprint based Agile development
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button below.
Our company headquarters is located in Reston, Virginia. Outside of the United States, we operate in 30 countries around the world with more than 2,000 employees in global locations. Our largest concentrations are in Australia and the United Kingdom where we continue to expand our local footprint.