Service Desk Analyst - Day Team
Spire Healthcare is the second largest provider of private healthcare in the UK with 39 hospitals employing over 8,000 staff and treating 930,000 patients each year. Spire Healthcare offers treatment for private patients, funded by health insurance, those choosing to pay for themselves and NHS patients under the government's Choose and Book system. The hospitals provide a wide range of services, from diagnostic and routine investigations, to more complex surgery. Spire's commitment is to clinical excellence, patient safety and infection control.
We require an enthusiastic and effective Service Desk Analyst within our busy, 24x7 Service Desk. You must be highly customer focused with a real interest in IT. Your role will be to provide 1st line support for Spire Healthcare.
You must be well spoken, articulate and have an excellent telephone manner and confidence in dealing with people at all levels. You need be logical and structured in your thinking and be able to carefully follow policy and procedure to methodically handle and resolve issues.
To ensure customer faults are entered into the LANDesk Service Desk system,
advising the caller of the unique reference number assigned to the fault. In the
event of system failure, manual recording of all customer faults, entering the
details into the Service Desk system once the system is restored
- To ensure regular updates are provided to the customer for all tickets raised. This will include ensuring regular updates are received from third party companies, and support teams, and are entered into the ticket
- To ensure that faults are resolved in accordance with the customer's SLA and
escalating faults in accordance with procedures which are in breach of the SLA
- To ensure various account administration tasks are completed according to specificprocesses - including AD accounts and accounts for various bespoke systems.
- To promote proactive support actions to prevent errors reoccurring.
You will be required to work Monday to Friday, 8 hour days as part of a large Service Desk Team.
Location: Spire IT Centre, York
You should have worked in a customer service environment for at least 12 months previously.
Knowledge and/or experience of the following technologies would be beneficial:
* Active Directory
* Hardware including Servers, PC's and Printers
* Software including Server and Desktop Operating Systems, Email and Desktop
* Exchange Messaging and Blackberry.
* Backup and restore of files and folders
* Networking including TCP/IP, WAN and VPN.
In addition you will need:
- Genuine interest in the customer's issues and solving them
- Must have a good telephone manner
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and orally
- A willingness to learn new skills
- A flexible attitude to all aspects of work
- Use of initiative where appropriate
- Able to operate as a good team player
- Firm - can push back on the engineers if necessary i.e. not letting engineers use
Service Desk as intermediary when the engineer would be far more capable of
talking to the customer
- Operate on the basis of trust, openness, respect and integrity.
- Deal with customers and colleagues professionally and with courtesy.
- Identify, recommend and communicate improvements to departmental processes and procedures.
- Consistently adhere to standards and processes.
- Focus toward the requirements of customers and colleagues.
- Actively promote team spirit and mutual support.
- Contribute positively at all times.
- Do not promise what you cannot deliver.
- Always deliver what you promise.
Reward and Benefits
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive basic salary and bonus opportunity as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes contributory pension scheme, life assurance, private medical cover, wellness screening, eyesight tests, childcare vouchers, cycle to work gym membership, transport season ticket loans and a motivating workplace environment.
Closing date for application:
All applications for this vacancy should be received by 31st October 2016