Assistant Principal Examiner
Chichester College have an opportunity for a Assistant Principal Examiner to join the team at our Chichester Campus on a part time, permanent basis, working 30 hours per week. The successful Assistant Principal Examiner will receive a salary pro rata of £25,000 per annum (i.e. £20,270.27).
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
Anglia Examinations Syndicate Limited is an international English examination organisation, with franchisees in 42 countries. The company is owned by Chichester College and Anglia Examinations HQ has been based in Chichester, England, since 1993.
As our Assistant Principal Examiner you will assist the Academic Director in ensuring that all Anglia Examinations’ material is produced to the highest standard and relates specifically to the syllabus content both by writing and close editing of commissioned papers.
Responsibilities of our Assistant Principal Examiner:
- Provide a quality check on all examination material for academic content, accuracy and relevance against the syllabus.
- Write at least 20% of core papers and contribute to the writing of other bespoke and special papers when required.
- Ensure that the examinations cover the published syllabus.
- Advise the Academic Director on changes and updates needed on the published syllabuses associated with the examinations, test specifications and teachers’ handbook.
- Monitor the standardisation of papers and arrange pre-testing where appropriate.
- Edit papers submitted by consultants to eliminate errors and check for any omissions or culturally sensitive items.
- Ensure that the mark schemes are comprehensive and accurate.
- Provide ongoing monitoring and analysis of papers to ensure that standards are maintained from one examination to another.
- Assist in identifying suitable writers.
- Initiate and assist in product development.
- Contribute to the review of the performance of candidates at the examinations and to advise, where appropriate, on ways to improve performance.
- Assist in training new writers and disseminating information to writers’ team as required.
- Participate in Anglia teacher training programmes and training of oral examiners.
- Assist in identifying and developing new markets.
Skills & Experience required of our Assistant Principal Examiner:
- Have a level 4 qualification
- Have a CELTA or equivalent
- Be experienced in exam writing and marking for a recognised exam board
- Close attention to detail and proven written skills
- A proven ability to work to tight deadlines is essential
We are looking for someone who will be excited by the prospect of joining us in our expansion.
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers’ final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman’s Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College’s Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 31 October 2016
Interview date: 10 November 2016
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the Assistant Principal Examiner role, please click ‘Apply’ today.
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Assistant Principal Examiner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly