£26 to £28k per annum
Business Analyst - Role Overview:
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to strengthen the business solutions team within the IT Department.
The role originates documents and updates processes and workflows that enable aligned evolution of internal IT Systems and efficient productivity solutions improving both our company and our customers business.
As a service company the subject matter will often be around tailored solution offerings to customers, so much of the process documentation will form part of the detailed technical design specifications, elements of which will be shared internally and with our customers.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Perform analysis to define the requirements needed to support the delivery of a process or workflow:
- Contribute to current state analysis including conducting interviews with stakeholders and analysis of data
- Elicit and specify business needs from the identified stakeholder group
- Support the preparation of workshop approaches and materials
- Present information to stakeholders for validation in one-to-one, small group and workshop settings
- Develop and apply a standardised toolkit approach to deliver documents consistent with internal standards and guidelines
Design process or workflow to support the requirements:
- Collaborate with content subject matter representatives and content owners to document the scope, assumptions, initial risks and initial design with workflows
- Document and maintain register of design elements.
- Create/modify appropriate analysis diagrams to support design activities
- Facilitate discussions to validate content in one-to-one, small group and workshop settings
- Manage requirements to ensure delivery of a solution which meets the needs
- Obtain and report status on assigned tasks
- Adhere to the change control processes
- Notify manager of variances from plan and identify changes in scope of work
- To attend training courses as and where necessary to ensure personal and team job skills keep pace with legislative and business developments.
- Ensure compliance of company UK policies and procedures.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience facilitating workshops and eliciting information
- Experience developing business requirements
- Experience developing instructional and procedural documentation and presentations
- One to five years of experience in a related role.
Special Attributes Required:
- Skilled in Process Mapping and Business Process Flows
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to extensively analyse business processes and workflows
- High level of competence with MS office and MS Visio
- Demonstrate skills and proficiency using meeting tools