Sports Centre Supervisor / Sports Centre Assistant
Job Title: Sports Centre Supervisors
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14
Position: The School currently have one full-time vacancy and are also seeking to appoint suitable candidates for occasional shifts on a casual basis.
Salary: £19,149 per annum (Full-Time) - Casual Rate: up to £10.54 per hour
Closing Date: Monday 31 October 2016 (midday)
Interview Date: Monday 7 November 2016
The sports centre linked with a leading independent day and boarding school for boys based in Abingdon is seeking to appoint enthusiastic, motivated and flexible candidates to assist with the operation of the Sports Centre and the sports facilities.
Sports Centre Supervisors work as part of a team on a shift pattern and some evening and weekend work will be necessary. The School currently have one full-time vacancy and are also seeking to appoint suitable candidates for occasional shifts on a casual basis.
- To ensure that the Sports Centres at the School operate to the best possible advantage
- To work closely with the other Sports Centre Supervisors, the Sports Centre Facilities Manager, the Business Development & Operations Manager, and all staff responsible for sporting activities.
- To keep the Senior Sports Centre Supervisor and Business Development & Operations Manager regularly and fully informed on any matters concerning the management and administration of the Centre.
- To keep the Sports Centre Supervisors and Business Development & Operations Manager regularly and fully informed of all events and eventualities.
- To learn and implement COSHH and health and safety legislation.
- To work closely with other members of Sports Centre and Park staff and PE department.
- To offer a warm welcome and friendly face to all users of the facility.
- To assist with any queries from users.
- To ensure that all building systems (air conditioning, pool plant) are carefully controlled and monitored with due regard to prudent safety and comfort factors.
- Setting up of equipment and venues to meet the requirements of the service.
- To work poolside as a Lifeguard as required.
- To work in the Fitness Suite as a Fitness Consultant as required (and if qualified).
- To work closely with the Sports Centre Supervisors and the Business Development & Operations Manager in all operational matters.
- Fulfil your given responsibilities.
- To offer backup as and when required to other members of the team.
- To follow the full range of operating procedures. These are to be constantly reviewed and updated whenever necessary.
- Informing the Senior Sports Centre Supervisor of low stock levels and ordering when required.
- Checking all goods and services are delivered as ordered, approving the delivery note and passing on to the Business Development & Operations Manager.
- NPLQ (if not currently held, to be undertaken as soon as possible)
- Competent in the use of Information Technology
- Willingness to attend training courses as required
- Displays commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
- Values and respects the views and needs of children and young people and all customers
- Previous experience within the Industry
- Professional qualifications
(Sports/Leisure Management Qualification, CIMSPA or equivalent)
- NVQ Level 2 in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
To apply for this role please click APPLY and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the Job Pack and Application Form. Please be aware that our Client DOES NOT accept CVs. You must complete an application form to be considered for this role.
The Foundation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Sports Centre Assistant, Gymnasium Assistant, Lifeguard, Qualified Lifeguard, Pool Supervisor, Gym Supervisor, Sports Supervisor, Sports Assistant, Sports Centre Supervisor, Leisure Centre Assistant, Leisure Centre Supervisor, Leisure Assistant, Leisure Supervisor will also be considered for this role.